Ranger News: Week of April 27, 2020
From the Principal
Week 2 of Warren's Learn at Home plan was a success. For the second consecutive week, greater than 90% of our Ranger students participated in learning activities!
The following points of information and links are provided for the benefit of efficient reference:
- Learn at Home Lessons and Choice-boards will be available by 8am on Monday morning of each week at bit.ly/msdwarrenlearnathome. Students should plan to review lessons and activities, work through them throughout the week, and plan to share their work with teachers.
- All teachers are available for virtual office hours on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday each week from 9-10am. Students/caregivers can also call or email teachers any time, and can expect timely responses during the hours of 9am-4pm every weekday.
- All students have Virtual Community Time (Core Connect class) on Tuesday and Thursday from 9-10 a.m.
- Warren's Learn at Home FAQ sheet is a good resource for finding the answer to basic questions: ENGLISH SPANISH Questions regarding Warren's Learn at Home lessons can be directed to the eLearning hotline phone number 317-608-0545 or mail MSDWarrenELEARNING@warren.k12.in.us.
- Students in need of either a Chromebook or device repair can visit Warren Central HS, Door 70, 11am-1pm any weekday (Monday - Friday).
Registration for Kindergarten and Preschool in Warren Township begins on Monday, May 4th. There will be a live webinar May 4th at 7pm. Principals and teachers will present information about Kindergarten and Preschool programs in Warren, demonstrate information about how to register online, and conduct a live question & answer session with audience members. Children must be age 5 on or before September 1 to register for Kindergarten and age 3 on or before September 1 to register for Preschool. Additional kindergarten and preschool registration information may be found on this information flyer.
John Kleine, Principal
Scheduling for 2020-2021
2020-2021 6th/7th/8th Grade Students, Parents, and Guardians,
It is time to schedule for the 2020-21 school year. This year, the scheduling process will take place virtually over the course of the next two weeks:
1.This week (April 27-May 1) - Explore all of the related arts programs - review related arts course information for your level's related arts options (link below) . These linked documents have course descriptions, course requirements, and a program video. Your counselor will also invite you to participate in Zoom conferences with related arts teachers this coming Thursday at 12pm and 6pm. This will be an opportunity to meet teachers and ask questions that might help you select the related arts courses that are the best match for you!
2. Next Week (May 4 - May 8) - Your grade level counselor will distribute to students a "how to" schedule video and share a google form on which students will make course selections. Students will rank their top 3 choices, and the counseling team will do their best to place students in their top 2 choices.
Additional Teacher Support for Learning at Home
Internet Access Survey
PLEASE VISIT THIS LINK TO COMPLETE THE SURVEY.
Attention families of 7th & 8th grade Rangers:
Parents and Guardians- Do not forget to submit a 21st Century Scholars application for your 7th or 8th grader.
What is 21st Century Scholars? It is an early-college promise program designed to help ensure that every Hoosier student can afford the opportunity provided by a college education. Today, eligible students who maintain the Scholar Pledge to excellence in school and life receive a scholarship for up to four years of up to 100% tuition at an eligible Indiana college or university after they graduate from high school.
*8th Grade Parents-- The deadline to submit an application for your student is quickly approaching. All applications for current 8th grade students must be submitted by June 30, 2020!
Need help? Contact your grade level counselor for assistance:
7th Grade- Mrs. Iris Parrish email@example.com
8th Grade- Mrs. Adrienne Mathews firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated Food Distribution Information
If you find yourself in need beyond what is being offered, a District Community Outreach hotline and email have been created. You can either call 317-869-4308 or email MSDWarrenOutreach@warren.k12.in.us with your information. Someone from the district will contact you as soon as possible.
Yearbooks will be completed and delivered for the 2019-2020 school year. Order your 5th -8th grade combined RPI&MS yearbook today! You can order online at ybpay.lifetouch.com - yearbook ID code is 10818420. You can also order by sending in a check made payable to Lifetouch. A basic paperback yearbook costs $20 and is only a $5 charge to add a hardcover.
Dr. John Kleine - Principal
Mrs. Jina Simmons - 5th Grade Level Administrator
Mr. Andrew McAulay - 5th Grade Counselor
317.532-8900 ext. 8960
Mrs. April Price - 6th Grade Level Administrator
Ms. Katie Piatt - 6th Grade Counselor
317.532.8900 ext. 8910
Mr. Bill Halpin - 7th Grade Level Administrator
Mrs. Iris Parrish -7th Grade Counselor
317.532.8900 ext. 6508
Dr. Leondra Radford - 8th Grade Level Administrator
317.622.6851 (text only, please)
Mrs. Adrienne Mathews - 8th Grade Counselor
317.532.8900 ext. 8909