AES Community Connection 8/3/22
Stay connected with our school newsletter...
Greetings AES Families!
Haga clic AQUÍ para obtener instrucciones sobre cómo traducir este boletín.
We are looking forward to welcoming new and returning families to the Aspen Elementary School in just a few weeks! This summer, our school has been closed in order to to make significant upgrades. You will notice that our main office has been redesigned to create a safe and secure entry. New windows have been installed in EVERY classroom. Circulation flooring and cafeteria flooring will provide bright and colorful way finding. The plaza has been re-surfaced to repair leaking and create a safer surface year round.
This newsletter contains a lot of information, so please read carefully!
~Registration for new and returning families is your number one priority! We also explain how to view your teacher assignment (available this Friday for all who have completed the necessary registration requirements).
~Mark you calendars with important events and holidays. Be sure to plan your vacations and family trips to coincide with our school breaks.
~This year the second Wednesday is an early release. Students will be dismissed at 1:15.
~Check out the August read aloud challenge below.
Stay safe, work hard and play hard... but most of all be kind to others and yourself.
All my best,
Back to School Read Aloud Countdown
Print a copy to keep track of all the books you listened to this month or if you don't have a printer, you can make a list of the books you've listened to this month. Students who listen to 20 or more of the books by the 1st day of school will earn a special bookmark and pencil from Miss Ashley.
Mark your calendar...
- Starting Now! Register your returning student(s) for the 22/23 school year. See details below.
- August 22: Student fees will be assessed. Please pay before school starts on the 24th.
- August 22 & 23: New Student Open House Tours for students in grades 1-4; 1pm-3pm.
- August 24: New School Year begins. 8:00am- 3:00pm. Kinder A Group 1/2 day in the morning. Kinder B Group 1/2 day in afternoon.
- August 25: Kinder B Group 1/2 day in the morning. Kinder A Group 1/2 day in afternoon.
- August 26: All Kinder 1/2 day in the morning.
- August 29: All Kinder regular school schedule begins.
- September 14: Noche Latina- 6-7:30pm
- September 20: Back to School Night 5:30-7:00pm
Click here for the 22-23 School Year Calendar... Please mark your calendar and plan your vacations accordingly. This year, one of our School Improvement goals is to REDUCE high absenteeism. Please prioritize your child's attendance at school .
Register your returning student(s) for the 22/23 school year!
It is time to register your returning student(s) for the 22/23 school year. This is not for new students or new kindergartners. Please note that families returning to ASD no longer need to provide documents for Proof of Residency. We ask that you use this opportunity to review all of your personal information and make sure it is correct and up to date.
Please click HERE for instructions.
Once you have completed the registration,
click here for a letter from Ashley on how to view your child's teacher.
Early Release 2022-23...
Here is the Board of Education approved 2022-23 Aspen School District Calendar and information about Early Release Days.
Early Release Days have been added back to the calendar. Early Release Days will be the second Wednesday of each month EXCEPT for December. Early release times are as follows:
1:15 PM Aspen Elementary School
2:00 PM Aspen Middle School
2:00 PM Aspen High School
Student Fees- Please pay!
- Haga clic AQUÍ para obtener instrucciones sobre cómo traducir este boletín.
- The AES Student Handbook (Click here for Spanish) outlines expectations for our school.
- Aspen School District Absences and Excuses Policy (Click here for Spanish)
- AES Attendance (Click here for Spanish)
- Pre-Arranged Absence Form
- School Supplies and tech fees - Click here for more information.
- Please click HERE to see the staff's favorite things!
- Order SPIRIT WEAR anytime with this link!
More community news...
Girls on the Run Team
Aspen Elementary SKIERS
At AES our essential agreements guide the way we behave and interact with others throughout our school in every setting. This year, we've adopted the SKIER acronym as a way to frame our essential agreements school wide. We hope that you will reinforce these positive attributes with your child at home.