MY FAVORITE DESSERT
Purple Corn Pudding
I like purple corn pudding because it is a sweet dessert typical from Perú. Also, it is healthy because it contains many proteins. My family loves this dish and my mom usually prepares it. Sometimes, we get together and share a meal with my family and we eat it. Purple corn pudding is my favorite dessert.
- There is purple corn.
- There is a quince peeled and diced.
- There are 2 apples peeled and diced.
- There are 2 peaches peeled and diced.
- There are 3 cinnamon sticks.
- There are 3 cloves.
- There is a medium size pineapple, peeled, cored and diced.
- There are 12 dried peaches.
- There are 12 prunes pitted.
- There is a ½ currants.
- There is a sugar.
- There is a ground cinnamon.
- First, soak dried fruits overnight.
- Then place purple corn in a large pan with 12 cups of water together with the fruit peels, 2 cinnamon sticks, and 2 cloves. Boil for 20 minutes or until water turns into a deep purple color. Strain and keep purple corn water.
- Next, drain dried fruits and combine with fresh fruits. Place them in a heavy bottom pan with 2 cups of the purple water, 2 cinnamon sticks and 1 clove. Bring to a boil. Add sugar and boil until fruit is tender. Strain liquid and combine with rest of purple corn water. Remove cinnamon stick and clove from fruit, and return fruit to liquid. Add sugar to taste.
- After that, dissolve potato flour or cornstarch in 2 cups of cold corn water. Bring purple water and fruit to a boil and, gradually, add the cornstarch and the lime juice and stir until thickened. Cool.
- Finally, place pudding in a serving bowl or in individual cups. Sprinkle cinnamon on top