Collection Evaluation and Weeding
550 Earth Sciences
Why I chose Earth Sciences?
Evaluation of Collection based on Data
I discovered during my evalutuion that the majority of Elementary Earth Science Georgia Performance Standards and PreK Earth Science GELDS deal with one of the following topics: geology, hydrology, meteorology, or petrology, so I focused on these four areas when completing my evaluation.
Books in the 550 Earth Sciences Section
Total Items: 65
Total Circulation: 1077
Average Publication Date: Prior to 2000
Evaluation of Collection based on Curricular Needs
Items to be Weeded
Plan for Disposal of Weeded Items
There are no specific disposal guidelines in the current Media Specialist Handbook.
The following steps will be taken to prepare materials for discarding.
1. Remove items from the circulation database
2. Remove or completely mark through all barcodes and labels
3. Write Discard on all materials
- Books will be offered to teachers for supplemental teaching material as appropriate.
- Books will be offered to teachers for other use in the classroom, such as art projects and cutting practice in PreK.
- Books will be offered to students, if appropriate
- Remaining books will be recycled if possible or discarded.