Meet Your New LHS Counseling!
...and other important info to start the year.
Welcome New Faces!
Christa Warner will be joining our Counseling team taking over for Lynne Burton who retired this summer. If you are a student who previously worked with Mrs. Burton or are new to Mrs. Warner's caseload, please feel free to contact her or introduce yourself as we start the new school year.
Val Carrell will be taking over as our Counseling Secretary. Mrs. Carrell will be the new friendly face greeting you when you visit. Seniors, expect to be receiving scholarship emails from her in the near future and you will be working with her for all of your transcript requests as well.
Welcome to Mrs. Warner and Mrs. Carrell!
Updated Counselor Caseloads
Mrs. Warner - Students Last Name A-F
Mrs. Alfano - Students Last Name G-L
Mr. Dougherty - Students Last Name M-Ra
Ms. Rushton - Students Last Name Re-Z
Even with some changes to student counselors for caseload number purposes, all counselors are accessible for your student. We primarily divide up students for the purposes of monitoring grades, credits, scheduling, and progress toward graduation.
Schedules Released Online Monday, August 29th
For new students and a reminder for returning students, schedule changes are often times very difficult to make. To give you an idea, last year we averaged 175 schedule change requests each semester. With about 1500 students in the building, classes having already been balanced to ensure the smallest class sizes possible, and limitations on how many students we can put in each hour, these factors make changes unlikely in most circumstances.
Changes that will be made and that are given top priority:
- If you have a graduation requirement that needs to be on your schedule.
- If there is a conflict with two classes you chose only being offered the same hour.
- If you passed a summer school class and no longer need a class on your schedule.
Changes that are often less likely to be made and are given lower priority:
- Dropping an AP class that you committed to taking. This needs to be approved by an administrator. We cannot replace your spot in these classes and other students were likely denied access to these courses which also required summer work.
- Switching an elective course because you changed your mind or have a friend in the class. We did our best to schedule you into the courses that you selected and most elective classes are full to start the year.
- Requesting a specific teacher. These are often difficult because we have balanced classes to ensure the smallest class sizes.
To submit a schedule change request, please fill out the online Google form:
*Please do not submit multiple request for the same issue. We will process your request as soon as possible.