Weekly Update 5/16 to 5/20
Monday, May 16
7:45 FIELD DAY PLANNING MEETING (Kayla's room)
Running Club after school
Tuesday, May 17
Showcase rehearsals 4:00-5:00 in Music room
Staff Meeting 7:30 am
Wednesday, May 18
4th grade field trip to Old World Wisconsin 9:00-3:00
NHI Open House for incoming 5th graders 6:30-8:00 pm
Shredding pick up - load up our bin!
Running club after school
Thursday, May 19
7:45 am Open Enrollment Insurance Meeting - library
Public Library Summer Reading talks 9:00-10:00 am - library
9:00-9:15 am: 4k and 5k students
9:20-9:35 am: 1st and 2nd graders
9:40-9:55 am: 3rd and 4th graders
Running club after school
Friday, May 20
Carol off in the office - Laura Novotny is here (send all office emails to her today!)
F and P testing window: April 11-May 20 (Details in Rebecca’s email 4/8/16)
PALS testing window April 25-May 20 (Details in Rebecca’s email 4/8/16)
May 23 - Carrie from ISB Visits Kindergarteners 11:45 am
May 24 - BLT Meeting 7:30 am
May 25 - Joan Marley SLO Meetings 8-noon in Music Room
May 25 - Showcase rehearsal 4:00-5:00 in Music room
May 26 - Showcase 9:00 am in Gym
May 27 - NO SCHOOL
May 30 - NO SCHOOL
May 31 - PBIS Celebration
TUESDAY STAFF MEETING - 7:30-8:25 (LIBRARY)
- What worked?
- Did you find anything ineffective? If so, how did you revise your plan?
- Were there any benefits that you weren't anticipating?
- How feasible will this be for all staff to add to their programming next year?
But, we as a team strive for continuous improvement. So, I want to make you aware that BLT will look a bit different next year. Our staff is quite small and our BLT is quite large; though we have so many leaders on our staff, it almost feels like BLT meetings are mini-staff meetings.
After doing some reflecting, we will have the following roles on future BLT teams:
- Grades 4K-1 teacher rep
- Grades 2-4 teacher rep
- Specials rep
- Student services rep (psych, social work, or guidance)
- Academic resource rep (literacy coach or LRT/LMS)
- Special Education rep (learning strategist/OT/PT/SL)
Team members will be on a two-year cycle, giving new people opportunities each year. I am hoping that 2016-17 is a combination of both current members and a couple new folks. If you are interested in being a part of the team next year, please let me know by June 1st (current and new teachers). If needed, I will hold mini-interviews (likely 5 minutes) to make final decisions. New members will begin in August when we return for our back to school days.Thanks for considering!
Common Planning for Remainder of Year
Final common planning meetings:
- Week of May 16: Preliminary class placements - Please bring along your PINK AND BLUE cards
- Week of May 23: Class placements revisited (all meetings will take place Tuesday, May 24th due to Friday 5/27 off)
- Week of May 30: Fall intervention placement (move 4th grade to Friday due to Memorial Day)
Summary Year Meetings
For those of you on summary year ONLY: It's time to start planning for the end of the year summary meetings! :-)
As I mentioned in our meetings earlier this year, you will need to schedule a 1 hour Final Evaluation meeting with me sometime between June 1st and June 29th. You can set that up with Carol.
A few thing to remember:
- I will only do up to 3 evaluation meetings per day.
- The earliest start is 8:00 and I need to be done by 5:00.
- All of your EE documents need to be uploaded and completed in your Google Classroom
- 1 week prior to our scheduled meeting.
- Self-evaluation for all 4 domains
- Artifacts for domains 1 and 4
Please let me know if you have any questions or help with any of this.
Positive Student Shout-Outs!
- Chelsie Rennicke
Congratulations, Chelsie! On Monday, in your mailbox will be TWO buy one get one free movie tickets. The same opportunity is available for any other classrooms who achieve the 100% mark by June 1st! Who will be next? Keep up the positive spirit!