The Storm Forecast
August 24, 2020
1st quarter is under way!
We are 3 weeks strong into the first quarter. I am so proud of the work our teachers and students are putting into this unusual school year.
While there are still a lot of unknowns, I will keep you updated with any news and developments. We will still do a health situation reassessment starting the week of August 31 and as soon as I have information for you, I will send it out.
In the meantime, please make sure to continue to attend your live streamed classes and turn in all of their assigned work.
Please remember that we are taking live attendance in all classes, so students must be logged on and showing their face on camera during their assigned class period in order to be marked present. If your student needs a computer that has a webcam, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time to pick up one of our Chromebooks. You can also help us by helping students be mindful of classroom distractions: showing your pet to the class, random conversation in the chat box, people playing video games in the background, etc... all can cause a distraction for the entire class on screen. Students should also be the only ones in the classroom/camera.
We are currently working on open house, a virtual club fair, Senior Night, and many more activities, so stay tuned!
School hours: 8:00a.m.-2:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday
Important reminders for parents
- When students are in class, they are required to have their cameras turned in so we can verify the student's attendance and participation in the course. If your student's computer does not have a camera, please email email@example.com to arrange for a Chromebook to check out. Also remember that we take live attendance every class period, so if the student is not in the Google Classroom during class time, they will be marked absent.
- If you have a question about something in class, the best course of action is always to reach out to the teacher first. Most issues and questions can be resolved through communication with the classroom teacher. If you need to schedule a conference, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will reach out to you to schedule a conference.
- Please make sure that your student is completing their work! Although we are on virtual instruction, we still have graded work and deadlines for assignments.
When students are back on campus, we have strict COVID guidelines in place:
- Face masks are required in order to be on campus
- All students on campus must have a COVID waiver on file
- There are daily temperature checks daily prior to entering the building and throughout the day
- Everyone is expected to maintain socially distant
Virtual instruction tip!
Students need to log in to their Google Classrooms using their school emails. If you are a new student and need your student email login information, please email email@example.com for assistance!
San Jose Partners- our parent organization
Please join San Jose Partners! Memberships are $5 for the 2020-21 School Year: https://www.sanjoseprep.org/parent-organization/. We are the Parent Organization that supports our teachers, staff and students at San Jose Primary and San Jose Prep. Our organization is designed to enrich our school community. The leadership council meets monthly and discusses a wide range of topics including teacher appreciation events, fundraising, support for student activities and meeting the school's needs for volunteers. We also actively provide parent feedback to the administration. Every year, officers are elected by the SJP membership to fill key positions on our leadership council. Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1667954689998754. Or email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Important information about specific courses
Carmen Vazquez-Robles (middle school math)
John Monsalve (Spanish and SLS)
Carl Griffin (Digital Info Tech)
Meet Mrs. Bender, our licensed mental health counselor!
Please read her introductory letter below. You may contact Mrs. Bender@ email@example.com
Meet the Student Services Team!
- academic questions and issues
- parent/teacher conferences and communication
- 504s & IEPs
- grad tracking and graduation status
- retention/promotion questions
- social work services
- mental health services
- attendance interventions
If you need to reach out to one of our counselors, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will reach out to you.
Student Services Team:
Mrs. Cooley, Director of Student Services
Mrs. Bell, Academic Advisor
Ms. De La Cruz, Academic Advisor, Social Worker
Mrs. Campbell, AP, Pre-AP Coordinator & Assessments
Mrs. Hubbard, Academic interventionist
Mrs. Bender, Mental Health Counselor
For instructions on how to create a parent Focus account, go to https://dcps.duvalschools.org/Page/15745
When you have completed your application for an account, email email@example.com in order to have your account activated.
Once you have created the account, please allow 48 hours for activation.
Having difficulties? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Athletics at San Jose Prep
Time: Aug 28, 2020 6:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 815 8636 6313
We will be offering a workshop for high school parents and a workshop for middle school parents in order to focus on issues and strategies that affect each age group. There will two sessions each day to help accommodate your schedule- you may come at noon or at 6pm. The workshop will be held on campus with strict COVID 19 guidelines:
- participants must wear a facemask while on campus
- all participants will be subject to a temperature check prior to entering the building
- a COVID waiver must be signed in order to attend
- All participants must observe social distancing
To attend our workshops, please sign up using one of the links below.
If you require a translator, child care, or transportation, please email email@example.com
Food will be provided.
Middle school: Sept 9 at noon:
Middle school: Sept 9 at 6pm:
High school: Sept 2 at 12pm
High school: Sept 2 at 6pm:
Attention 7th grade parents!!!!
Please make sure that your student has had their shots and send a copy of the shot record to firstname.lastname@example.org
There are 2 ways to purchase uniforms:
- You may walk in and purchase uniforms at the store. The store is open Monday-Friday from 8am-4pm
- You may order online at https://www.sanjoseprep.org/school-uniform/ and do curbside pickup at our school store
School uniforms for 2020-21 will be:
Middle school: royal blue polo, gray hoodie
High school: black polo, black hoodie
If you order online, click on the item you wish to purchase and the next page will let you choose the appropriate colors.
High school students who have the previous school uniform may wear them as we phase in the new high school look.
We ask that during virtual instruction students wear uniform shirts in order to ease the transition once we fully return to school.
For more details on school uniform guidelines, please visit our website: https://www.sanjoseprep.org/school-uniform/
For questions about the uniform store, please contact email@example.com