Week of: August 27 - August 31
The end of August is in sight and week 3 has been completed, I hope you all are starting to settle in, get to know your kiddos better and feel successful in what you are doing daily!
Week 3 brought a Curriculum Night that was delivered extremely well by all teachers involved. You all did a fantastic job communicating the expectations of your grade level, class and also being open to answering questions from parents. Parents were very receptive and appreciative of this opportunity. Thank You!
As you get to know your little ones even better both socially and academically - if you feel you might have a student that would qualify for EIP based on the checklist that was given out last Thursday in training, please e-mail both EIP teachers (Melodie Sheppard and Mary Waters) as well as your grade level counselor. We will be sitting down on Monday, August 27th to discuss adding additional students to EIP. Please continue to do this throughout the school year as you see students meeting the criteria.
Below I have listed a few important reminders and opportunities for you to review when you have the time:
- Staff Member of the Year: Cast your vote by clicking here!
- Number Talks (From Finnegan)- Hi everyone! Just a heads up, we will have Kim Garvin here on September 5th to offer Number Talks demonstrations. She would come into your classroom for a short period of time and do a Number Talk with your students so that you may see what it is like. She can also observe you and give feedback if you prefer. There are a few spots left if you are interested in having her stop in. Please sign up using the sheet below. If you do not get the opportunity to sign up and you’d like a demonstration, I can also come later this year at your convenience. Have an awesome Friday! Sign up Here
- Bright Ideas Grant (Due 8/31) - I encourage each of you to apply for a Bright Ideas Grant! If you have a stellar idea this is the opportunity you have been looking for. Please click this link for more information. If you need a hand I would be more than happy to assist!
- Clubs - Students should be returning the club applications promptly. Many
- PBIS - Maintain your HIGH expectations - Students are doing a great job this year. Continue to acknowledge positive actions with students and classes.
- Lunchroom Reminders: Classes must be picked up on time, the next class is coming in and they have to wait to be seated. Students are to remain seated until their teacher comes to pick them up. If anything is needed students need to raise their hand, not get up and approach the teacher. Screaming in the lunch room is not allowed just because they are feeling festive.
- Lesson Plans - They will be submitted to the folder I shared beginning on Monday, August 20, 2018 - If you need help please touch base with me or your grade level admin.
- Building Access- The building will be accessible via key fob on ALL weekends from (9-3) with the exception of holiday weekends. Please be sure to secure your area when leaving!
- EIP - If you have students that you feel qualify for EIP based on the checklist that was given out on Thursday in training, please e-mail both EIP teachers (Melodie Sheppard and Mary Waters) as well as your grade level counselor. We will be sitting down on Monday, August 27th to discuss adding additional students to EIP. Please continue to do this throughout the school year as you see students meeting the criteria.
- Art Fundraiser @RHHS - Please use the following form to register for the first Travel Club fundraiser of the year—a paint night with our new art teacher, Ms. Pate. All proceeds will help support the spring trip to San Francisco.
The event is September 27, 5-7, at RHHS, $35 per seat. The selected art work for the event is in the form: https://goo.gl/forms/vu8dRCJMILgWVtQz2
Rest up this weekend - Spend some time with the ones you love and enjoy the beautiful weather!
With an intentional focus of consistency on being curious & crazy for kids you will ALWAYS find a culture that is student focused!
Have a great week!
- August 28 - Faculty Meeting - Media Center
- August 30 - Teacher/Staff Member of the Year Celebration (Media Center - 3PM)
Have a WONDERful Week!
Making Moves at McAllister
- From Ms. Alexys Sykes - "Better late than never! Sheppard, Waters, & Nobles, helped to make open house and the first week a success by going above and beyond to help those of us in the LLC. 5th grade could not be more grateful!"
Resources that you may find useful...
Twitter Chats - Can't Get Enough? Check here for ALL opportunities to connect with PLN's worldwide discussing ALL things awesome in Education. https://sites.google.com/site/twittereducationchats/education-chat-calendar
In a school of over 135 it can be hard to know everyone's name...Have you had a chance to look at the staff directory where pictures of our staff members can be located?
Click here & start welcoming others into your class to see the amazing things you are doing!
Click this link to see all of the awesome things our teachers have posted on twitter this week. Always remember to use the #MESrocks when posting to keep these items united!