Mrs. Vanselow's Jungle Crew News
Friday, February 7th, 2014
* We finally had a normal school week. It was great!!!
* 11 of our students have reached 400 reading steps.
* Five of our students earned PAWS Applause Awards. Congratulations!
* Our Junior Achievement volunteer visited on Thursday and discussed occupations.
NEXT WEEKS CURRICULUM OUTLOOK
- What's the Weather?
- "Warm and Cold Days"
- "Stormy Weather"
- "Dangerous Storms"
Common Core Standards
- CCSS# 5 Informational - Know and use various text features (headings, table of contents, glossaries, bold print, captions, diagrams, labels) to locate key facts or information in a text.
- CCSS# 9 Identify basic similarities and differences between two texts on the same topic.
- Writers Trait - Organization
GRAMMAR: Go and Do
SPELLING: they, one, of, were, what
- 6.5 - Using the Facts Table for Subtraction
- 6.6 - The Centimeter
- 6.7 - Explorations (Pattern Blocks, Addition Facts, Triangles)
- 6.8 - Addition Facts Practice with "What's My Rule?"
CONTENT: Social Studies
- Focus Where People Live
- 1. Play Addition Top-it. You will need a deck of cards with numbers zero through ten and four of each number. Taking turns each partner takes two cards and adds them together. The partner with the larger sum wins all four cards.
- 2. After reading a book of your choice ask these four accountable talk questions for CCSS#5
- The story or text I read was ___________________.
- This book is a ____________________. (literary or informational)
- I know this because ______________________.
- In the book ___________________________ happens.