March 27, 2015
- Thank you to all of our high school teachers who helped promote the Career Fair that we hosted on March 24. And special thanks to Dusty Korth and Josh Clark for being two of our presenters. We had a great turnout of students! It could also be considered an "alumni event" since nearly half of the presenters are NC alums, including Calvin Thor '06 (at right)!
- Also, thank you to all teachers who gave blood at Tuesday's blood drive!
- Thank you to all of the elementary staff who helped with the incredible "Donuts With Dad" event on Wednesday! Over $900 was collected though a simple free will offering. As Mr. Hale said, "Maybe we should turn this in to a weekly event!"
- I still have 2 empty seats for the Mayor's Leadership Breakfast on Thursday, April 2. Please contact me if you'd like one!
- Our Parish Cleanup Day is scheduled for this Sunday, March 29. It would be great to see you there!
- Men: Please consider buying a Stag ticket for the April 6 event. It is a fun night, a great meal, and you can also watch the NCAA Championship Game (Go, Utah!) Stag tickets are $150 and include your food and drink, entertainment, and a chance to win $25,000!
- Men & Women: If you'd like to purchase a chance at the $25,000 prize, but can't make it to the event, you can purchase one of those tickets for $100. You can also pool your money with others and buy a ticket (The Class of 2015 has purchased a chance; our teachers should, too!) I think we had 3-4 groups of teachers buy tickets last year---let's top that this year!
- Don't forget that your contracts are due back to your building principals by April 7
Tweet of the Week I
Show Choir Brings Home 2nd Place Finish
Need Help for April 15 Business After Hours
We will partner with "Smokin' Stan's BBQ" for this event. We provide the venue and the beverages; Smokin' Stan will provide the food.
I'd like to have as many staff members attend as possible. (There will be no cost for NC staff to attend.) We could use your help in two different ways:
1. You can "work the room" and speak to our guests. It's a great place to network!
2. You can help serve beverages and possibly food (if Stan needs help)
Either way, you'd be welcome to the food and drink. The only thing I ask is that you let me know if you're coming, so we can make sure we have enough for everyone!
These events usually run from 5:00 pm-7:00pm, so we could use help anytime from 4:30 on.