Celebrating 60 Years of Education! May 24th Edition
Mark Your Calendar
- Tuesday, May 24th @ 7:00PM: GHSA General Membership Meeting
- Wednesday, May 25th @ 4:30-7:30PM: Gayman Art Student Showcase
- Thursday, May 26th @ 7:45AM: Choir Practice
- Thursday, May 26th: Field Day
- Thursday, May 26th: 2022-23 Kindergarten Assessments
- Friday, May 27th: No School for Students/ Teacher In-Service Day
- Monday, May 30th: CBSD Schools Closed/Memorial Day
- Wednesday, June 1st: Student Council Pizza Party
- Wednesday, June 1st @ 3:35PM: Kids Care Club Event
- Thursday, June 2nd: Field Day (Rain Date)
- Friday, June 3rd: GHSA End of the Year Family Picnic
- Monday, June 6th - Thursday, June 9th: End of Year Class Parties (Ask classroom teachers for the exact day/time.)
- Tuesday, June 7th @ 7:00PM: 6th Grade Promotion @ Tohickon
- Wednesday, June 8th: CB East Senior Walk
- Thursday, June 9th @ 9:00AM: Gayman Move-Up Day
- Friday, June 10th @ 11:30AM: 6th Grade Clap Off
- Friday, June 10th @ 11:55AM: Last Day of School/Early Dismissal for All Students/PM Kindergarten attends in the AM/ AM Kindergarten Off/End of 3rd Trimester
- Wednesday, June 15th @ 1:00PM: Report Cards posted in the Parent Portal
* For all upcoming event dates and times, check the Gayman Calendar on our website.
* Click here for the 2022-2023 CBSD District Calendar.
Gayman Art Show Open House
Take a Peek Into Our Week
Move Up Day
Students will not be assigned a specific teacher by that date. Instead students will meet all grade level teachers and learn about the highlights of what the 2022-2023 school year will hold for them. Our goal in this activity is to build excitement about the coming year and reduce anxiety for the next school year, as we head into the summer. We look forward to the upcoming school year!
Elementary Report Cards
Report cards will be posted in the Parent Portal on Wednesday, June 15th at 1:00PM. Final report cards can be accessed electronically using this LINK.
Interested in Chaperoning a Field Trip... or Supervising a Class Party?
To volunteer or chaperone, your clearances must be up-to-date.
If your clearances are current, upload them into the App Garden - Volunteer Tracker. If your clearances have expired, or you need to begin the clearance process, click on the Required Documents for the directions. For more information, consult the Human Resources Volunteer Required Paperwork webpage.
Required Health Examinations
Pennsylvania mandates the following health examinations:
- Physicals: School entry (Kindergarten), grades 6 and 11
- Dentals: School entry (Kindergarten), grades 3 and 7
Parents are urged to have physical and dental examinations completed by their family physician or dentist and submitted prior to October 15th of the year that they are due. Send health forms to Sara Hedges, our school nurse, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Injuries & Doctor's Note
A doctor’s note is needed for any student that sustains an injury which requires a medical device, such as a cast, splint or crutches.
The doctor’s note should state any restrictions the child has and that they are allowed to attend school with the injury. The note should also state whether the child can participate in gym and/or recess.
Click here to access the Gayman Home and School Association page.
GHSA Executive Board Nominations
Below are the GHSA Executive Board Nominations for the 2022-2023 school year. The Gayman Community may vote on the Board Nominations at the General Membership Meeting on Tuesday, May 24th at 7pm in the Gayman Elementary School Library. No proxy votes are permitted. Only one ballot may be cast per person.
The 2022-2023 GHSA Candidates are:
FIRST VICE PRESIDENT:
SECOND VICE PRESIDENT:
As polices change, the CBSD school board policies will supersede the Gayman Student Handbook.
Gayman Code of Conduct
Click here to access the Parent Resource page for the CBSD.