AP Course Information Session
Tips & Tools for AP Course Development & Implementation
Are you thinking about offering a new AP course? Looking for Resources on possible class options? This information session is for YOU!
- Date: January 21st** (Indian Lake Middle School, Lewistown, Ohio)
- Time: 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
- Contact Hours = 2.5
- Registration Cost: FREE ($0)
Participants in this AP Course Information Session will:
- Understand the process for setting up an AP Course at your District
- Review Ohio Department of Higher Education Policy on AP Credits (Directive 2008-10)
- Explore the full list of Advanced Placement Courses & Exam
- Discuss best practices, tips, and tools for implementing and maintaining your AP course offerings
What You Will Learn, Target Audience, etc:
Target Audience: Superintendents, Curriculum Directors, School Counselors and other school officials involved in, or responsible for, AP courses at your building/district.
Overview: Advanced Placement (AP) courses are advanced classes offered in high school that count towards graduation. Though these classes tend to be harder, students can earn college credit by taking the AP exam at the end of the course.
- AP courses are a great way to save money because students only pay a small exam fee instead of paying tuition for the college credits they earn. Also, AP courses give students a jump-start on general college credits, so they can pursue upper-level courses sooner, earn a double major, or study abroad.
Why Attend? If you are implementing AP courses for the first time at your district, expanding existing offerings, or simply looking for some tips and tools to maintain a quality program, please plan to join us at Indian Lake Local Schools in January 2020.
Advance registration is required!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION & REMINDERS
Tuesday, Jan. 21st 2020 at 9:30am-12pm
8920 County Road 91
What time should I arrive at the training site? Please arrive 15 minutes early to complete the check-in process.
What You Should Bring? Laptop & Writing Utensils
Our Cancellation Policy - If you cannot make the event, please cancel by January 17th at 3:00 pm . Send Cancellations to Kim Leach, Administrative Assistant, at Kleach@mresc.org.
Weather Related Contingency Policy & Instructions: If Indian Lake Local Schools DELAY on 1/21, the event WILL BE HELD AS SCHEDULED with a 9:30 am start. No other delays or cancellations will effect the event.
- If Indian Lake Local Schools CANCEL due to weather on January 21st, the event will automatically be rescheduled for January 28th (at the same time and location). No other district delays or cancellations will effect the event.
Midwest Regional Educational Service Center
Our Vision/Mission: The Midwest Regional Educational Service Center serves and supports students, families, and districts as an innovative educational partner.