Social Studies News
Mrs. Bowden's 6th Grade Classroom Updates
A Peek into Our Classroom
We are currently learning about Geography. Over the next several classes, we will be studying Geographic Regions of the United States, the geographic features of the US, and important bodies of water in the United States as they relate to the history we will study this year.
Upcoming Tests/Major Assignments
Students will need to know:
- Geographic Regions
- Geographic Features
- Bodies of Water
A study guide will go home next week, and I will send you the answers! However, in the meantime you can review the questions on your student's unit cover sheet (glued in their notebook). As we go over the answers to those questions in class, they are highlighting the correct ones.
How can my child study for your class?
You can also find our content related vocabulary on Quizlet.
Quizlet is a great resource as it allows you to play games, test yourself and review flashcards. Additionally, there is an app available for both Android and Apple devices.
To find my vocabulary flashcards for this unit, go to:
What was the homework?
You can also opt to receive text message reminders from me by sending a text to 81010 that says @ss6mrsb.
Missing Work and Grades
Power School Grades
- If a grade is showing up as a "0" and it has NO other information beside it, this is the grade that your child earned on this assignment.
- If an assignment is a TEST and your child has received a failing score, your child is able to retake that assignment AFTER he/she has had remediation from me.
- Assignments that have not been handed in will be marked with a "0," but will also have a note beside them indicating it is missing.
- Assignments that are handed in late often take me some time to grade; however, I will get to them as soon as possible. These will be marked with an "L" to indicate it was late and the correct grade will be given. (5 points are deducted each day an assignment is late.)
- When possible, if I deduct an extreme number of points, or if something strange happened with your child's assignment, I will input a comment to explain that to you.
Please feel free to email me if you ever have a question.
Please contact me with any questions at any time!