Vol. 9, Issue 4; September 17, 2021
General Permission Form & More
For anyone who is absent that day, there will be a Retake Day later in the fall.
Morning Drop Off Procedure
We know that all the construction in town and at ORDA has created many challenges when it comes to dropping students off in the morning. Here are some reminders to help drop-off run smoothly for everyone:
- The rear of the building is reserved for bus drop off only. No cars are allowed behind the building between 7:10 and 7:40.
- Enter Cummings Road from Wesvalley Road, and proceed through the line to the ramp.
- Please do not drop your student off on School Street. It blocks the buses from accessing the back of the building and creates an unsafe walking path for our students since there is no sidewalk.
- If you would like an alternative drop off point, please drop your child off in front of the Oval on Main Street, and have them walk down the sidewalk to the School Street end of the Oval. They may walk up the brand new sidewalk, past the front of the school building and up the stairs to the ramp entrance.
- Students may NOT enter the building until 7:20 a.m.
Thank you for your help and cooperation!
Dress Code & Cell Phone Policy
All Students 6-12 Dress Code:
We are starting the year with the dress code that is in the board policy with the exception of coats. Since we are adhering to more ventilation in the class with windows open, students will be allowed for the duration of COVID to wear their jackets in the classroom. Students will need to remove their hats when the first bell rings just prior to walking into homeroom. We will be forming a committee to take a look at our dress code policy. If you're interested in being a part of the committee, join the student council!
Middle School Cell Phone Policy:
Cell phones MUST be silenced and stored in the student’s locker during school hours. Cell phones are not allowed until the end of the school day (after 2:07). Cell phones are considered an “electronic backpack.”
High School Cell Phone Policy:
Cell phones/iPods/MP3 players and headphones/earbuds MUST be put away and not in your possession when in academic classes. Students are allowed to have cell phones in the hallway between classes. Cell phones may be used in the cafeteria, library and study hall with teacher permission.
If you have any questions, please stop by and see Ms. Lindsay or Mrs. Casey.
Blue Bomber Gear
From now through the end of September, you can order Bomber Gear through our online shop! There are lots of great t-shirts, hoodies, jackets, and more to choose from. Show your school spirit and support the Class of 2024 at the same time!
Lake Placid Ben & Jerry's
We're Hiring and WE WANT YOU!! Do you love ice cream? Are you interested in being a leader in your community? We're looking for servers, hard workers, team players, organizers, achievers, and communicators -- NO PRIOR EXPERIENCE NECESSARY. We start at a minimum of $15/hr plus tips for scoopers, shift leaders, cake decorators, catering staff, and more. If you are interested, please email Ann-Marie at email@example.com to request an application and schedule an interview.
Board of Education Meeting Dates 2021-22
The LPCSD Board of Education meets every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. in the District Administration Building. Board members attend in person or via zoom from their homes.
- Board meetings will continue to be streamed live. Executive Order 202.1 – Article 7 of the Public Officers Law allows for the school board to meet without permitting in public in-person access to meetings.
- Board agenda documents will become live on Saturday before the meeting and can be found at: https://go.boarddocs.com/ny/lpcsd/Board.nsf/Public
- Anyone can submit comments for the Good of the Cause by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails will be read during the portion of the Good of the Cause.
- Board meetings are streamed live at: http://www.lpcsd.org/. Click on "live stream."
Upcoming Board Meeting Dates:
- September 21
- October 5
- October 19
- November 2
- November 16
- December 7