AoC India Newsletter
Greetings AoC India members!
Welcome to the September edition of the AoC India Newsletter.
This month’s Newsletter focuses on developments around the FICCI GSS, Opportunities update, important announcements and sector specific news. Please do take the time to browse through the contents and let us have your feedback.
Discussions and catch up
- Shilpi attended a conference organized by PHD Chambers of Commerce in association with CBSE in Delhi. There seems to be an increased focus on introducing FE skills in school level. The team will look out for projects in engaging with Schools.
- John Philip attended a high level meeting at FICCI in August to discuss the agenda of the Global Skills Summit held this month. The meeting was organized by the DG of FICCI Mr. Didar Singh and attended by Mr. R.C.M Reddy, Managing Director of IL&FS, Mr. Vinay Chaudhry, CEO of Canadian Consortium of Colleges called Maple Leaf EduConnect Pvt Ltd, Mr. Ankur Malhotra- VP Government Relations Accenture and Mr. Ankit Saxena represented New Zealand.
- John also attended a summit organized by the Healthcare Sector Skill Council and CII in August. The summit was inaugurated by the Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare Ghulam Nabi Azad. The event focused on the need for “Human Resource” as the most critical imperative for efficient Healthcare Delivery and sustainable growth. During the Summit they also released the National Occupational Standards for 15 Job Roles in Allied Health & Paramedics along with Occupational Mapping and Functional Analysis Report. You can read the NOS for the job roles in the sky drive link.
- As you know Highbury College and BSDC put in a joint UKIERI bid with the Healthcare Sector Skill Council and Skills for health UK.
- Half a dozen key leads were generated at this event.
- Healthcare was also the focus of meetings organized for Colleges when they visited India as part of the UKIBC delegation.