What are the benifits of eating pineapple?
Vitamin C in pineapple helps:
- lower your risk of heart disease
- lead toxicity
- strengthens your immune system
- prevents high blood pressure and diabetes
What nutrients are found in pineapple?
Pineapple includes a good source of vitamin C.
- pantothenic acid
- 1cup pineapple juice
- 1cup low-fat vanilla or 1 cup low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1cup frozen strawberries, partially thawed
- 2ripe medium bananas, peeled
- Combine pineapple juice, yogurt, strawberries and bananas in blender container.
- Cover, blend until smooth.
History of Pineapple
Pineapples were discovered by Christopher Columbus and other Europeans on Guadeloupe Island in 1493.
Pineapple plants can fruit for up to fifty years in the wild!