For the week of March 4-8
- Lapeer Community Schools is a dynamic community organization embracing our students with a quality learning environment, developing independent and confident learners for the future.
We think that each one of us is strong individually but we are even stronger when we work together.
Taking the time to acknowledge the kind deeds of others is...
...being Turrill Tough!!
Parent Drop off and PickUp Reminders
- Please remain in your car and have your children enter/exit on the side nearest the sidewalk.
- Have your children unbuckle and prepare for exiting your car as you pull forward to the drop off
- Please pull forward as far as you can
- Merge to the pass through lane after dropping off or picking up your children
- If you have to exit your vehicle please use a parking space
Excellence in all we do for our students, our schools and our community through
- Continuous improvement;
- Diligent effort; and
- Innovative design
Office Hours during the School Year:8:15 am -- Office opens
8:35 am -- Student supervision outside of school begins (please do not leave your child unsupervised)
8:40 am -- Building opens; Students enter the building (breakfast available in the classrooms)
8:44 am -- School day begins
3:40 pm -- End of the school day
4:15 pm -- Office closes
Click Below to Download the 2019-2020 Teacher Request Form
What's Up this Week?
Scholastic Book Fair this Week
Monday, March 4 -
- How to Read an E-book with Your Child - Click below for a Tip Sheet
Tuesday, March 5 -
- Tornado Drill today
Wednesday, March 6 -
- TAG at 7:50
Thursday, March 7 -
- Release Bible Class
- Good News Club after school
Friday, March 8 -
- No School for Staff and Students
PTC Dance - Rescheduled Date
Friday, March 22nd, 6-8pm
170 Millville Road
- Consider dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings before or after the dance! Use the "Home Team Advantage" card to raise funds for Turrill, too!
- PTC Dance at CFI from 6:00-8:00
Click below to Download Info about Applying for Year-Round School
Dear Turrill Families,
These are some FAQs in case you have some questions regarding the upcoming 2019-2020 school year:
- If my child(ren) currently attend Turrill, do I need to re-apply for the Year-Round program? No. Students already accepted into the Year-Round program and attending Turrill do not have to fill out an application for the upcoming school year. All current Turrill students will be automatically enrolled at Turrill for the next school year. These students actually visit their new teacher and classroom prior to leaving for summer.
- If I have a child(ren) at Turrill right now AND have a new E5 or Kindergarten student coming in, what do I need to do? Families that have students currently enrolled at Turrill with a sibling entering into E5 or Kindergarten for the upcoming school year do not have to fill out an application for the Year-Round program BUT DO NEED TO COMPLETE the Sibling Form and Enrollment Papers available at Kindergarten Roundup. If a family has a child currently at Turrill the sibling entering E5 or Kindergarten will automatically be able to attend Turrill if they are enrolled at Kindergarten Roundup.
- If I do NOT have a child(ren) at Turrill currently but have an E5 or Kindergarten student I would like in the Year-Round program, what do I need to do? New kindergarten students without siblings at Turrill must complete an application for the upcoming school year if they are interested in attending Turrill AND all enrollment forms. Applications for new families and Enrollment forms should be completed during Kindergarten Roundup.
- What should I do if I do NOT have a child(ren) at Turrill right now but have a 1st through 5th grader and would like to apply for admission into the program? For prospective new families with students in first through fifth grade not currently attending Turrill but interested in applying for the upcoming school year should fill out an application and submit it to the Turrill office. New students are admitted based on grade level availability or placed on a waiting list.
- If I have a current 5th grade student at Turrill, do I need to submit an application for the Year-Round program at Rolland Warner? Turrill 5th grade students do not need to submit an application to attend Rolland Warner Year-Round middle school as they are automatically enrolled.
- How do I withdraw my child(ren) from the Year-Round program? Families wishing to withdraw from the year-round program need to complete and submit a withdrawal form. The form can be found online or obtained at the school office.
As we move into March we will be starting to collect information from families in order to start establishing class lists at all grade levels for the upcoming school year.
If you still have questions please don’t hesitate to call the office at 810-667-2438.