Ross Round Up
Engage. Empower. Educate. Every Day.
October 27, 2023
Hi Ross Families.
This week, we've settled into the learning groove. We've had a lot of great learning experiences this week and we're starting to see some major growth from our students. In Math, we've had students complete almost 2,000 I-Ready lessons which are at exactly the level of learning that students needs. Our What I Need (WIN) groups for Math and Reading are in full swing, with every student going to exactly the group that's working on skills to help them grow with teachers and peers around campus. For some, that is working on IBOB in the Library. For some, that is practicing multi-syllabic words. As staff, we're helping students with goal setting and learning to take good notes that will help them remember what they're learning.
We love the work we do with students, and when we see them master a new skill or grow in confidence, our hearts are full. Thank you for your partnership in all we do with students.
Art and Crochet Club builds robots!
CAST selling chocolate for one more week!
After School Pick Up Notes
Our goal for pick up is to get kids safely off campus and to families at the end of the day. Thanks for helping us keep kids safe!
Here's the timeline for end of day:
- 3:30 pm: The pick up bell rings for students being picked up in the car line. We release those students 5 minutes earlier than the walkers or pick ups on the road for safety reasons--we want to have most of the cars through the line before walkers are trying to navigate cars as they walk near the road.
- 3:35 pm: The walker and bus line bell rings for those who are walking to their cars not in the pick up line and those who are riding the bus.
Please call the office to let us know if your student is going home a different way than usual by 2:00 pm. We will deliver a note to them before the end of the day to let them and the teacher know.
- Monday-Friday--CAST World's Finest Chocolate $1 sales
- Tuesday--Halloween costume parties in classes--contact your classroom teacher for details about the class party and to volunteer (rules for costumes: no face-covering masks or makeup, nothing too scary or gory, no weapons or fake weapons)
- Friday--School Store Lunch Recess Club--school store open for students
- Tuesday, Nov. 7--Election Day
- Thursday, Nov. 9--Lego Lunch Recess Club
- Thursday, Nov. 9--Ross Domino's Pizza Dough Night
- Thursday, Nov. 9, 3:45-4:45pm--PTA Meeting at Indian Creek Elementary (all are welcome)
- Thursday, Nov. 9, 5:00-5:30pm--Ross Parent Advisory Committee (all are welcome)
- Friday, Nov. 10--Popcorn Friday ($0.25 a bag, limit of 2 bags)--thanks to Regal Cinemas for donating the popcorn and bags
- Friday, Nov. 10--School Store Lunch Recess Club--school store open for students
- Friday, Nov. 10--Veteran's Day
Who are we at Ross?
Each day at Ross we will:
Engage. Empower. Educate.
Our dream is to:
Ignite a passion for lifelong learning and personal growth so students will be successful in college, career, and life.
Our school values are:
We treat others with dignity and respect. We are ethical and humble in our actions. We are COMPASSIONATE.
We hold tight to our convictions. Decisions are made to make the lives of others better. We are LEADERS.
We are stronger and better when we work together. We are a part of a beautiful and diverse COMMUNITY.
We are bold, we take risks, we are flexible and willing to step out of our comfort zone. We are INNOVATIVE.