Math August 19, 2013
Ms. Chafin loves visiting her aunt in the big apple!
Time to work in our math journals!
Back to the subway
Ms. Chafin has just gotten off the 5 train at Grand Central station. She needs to hop on the 7 train to get to Times Square and her theater. She arrived at Grand Central Station at 7:44. Use the number line to determine…
- How often the train comes... the increments on the number line
- What time the next 7 train will arrive
Remember- number lines have increments and start with the smallest number to the left, largest number to the right.
- Create a number line using the following numbers. 10, 20, 30, 50, 40, and 60. What is the increment?
- Create a number line using the following numbers. 21, 14, 7, 28, 35, and 42. What is the increment?
- Scholars you have just finished a tour of New York University! You are going to head to Central Pack for lunch. You will ride the subway, the N train, from NYU to 5 avenue and 59th street. Scholars you arrive at the subway station at 12:00, use the number line to determine when the next train will arrive?
- Create a number line using the following numbers 23, 29, 26, 20, 32, and 35. What is the increment?
- Copy the number line onto your note card. Fill in the missing numbers.