Geography and Globalization
How they play a role in how we live. (By Shea Flanders, G)
Globalization shapes the world as one.
Geography lets the human race live.
But how do they bring us together?
A Little More On Urban Decay
Urban Decay is a trusted makeup brand that ships their products all around the world. They produce every makeup product, from eyeliner, to mascara, to foundation, and more! They advertise all around the world.
Usually, makeup companies put their factories in poorer countries, but Urban Decay makes very expensive products, so they want to have a good name. They don't want their workers to get low pay. They are also a cruelty-free brands.
So globalization allows us to obtain makeup from other companies, and geography allows us to have the ingredients we need to make makeup.
But there are also many problems that arise in this process.
So what's a solution?
Globalization brings us a lot of good, but it also can bring us bad.
- We can learn about anything going on in the world
- Free trade with other countries
- Obtain products we wouldn't be able to get on our own
- Lower prices on goods
- Ability to communicate with other countries
- New allies with other countries
- New diseases can get across borders
- More opportunity for Terrorism
- People loosing jobs in countries because of lower wages
- Environmental damage from machines
- More tax on other products
- Leaves poorer countries poorer
But I personally, think that the good is worth the bad.
Globalization has given me so many cool things in my daily life. Right now I have a phone from China, makeup from France, shoes from Vietnam. Me and my family are a combination of four different ethnicities. I can call anyone I want in the country, and the world. I can even live-stream footage from the Mars rover! Globalization gives me so much power to do so many cool things, and I'm grateful that I'm living in a time where I can experience how fast it's growing. It's truly amazing.