Monday Memo 5/16/2016
Funkstown School for Early Childhood Education
For the week of Monday, May 16th to Friday, May 20th
OUR VISION: Inspiring Curiosity, Creativity, and Achievement
OUR MISSION: Building a learning environment that meets the needs of every student, fosters mutual respect, and social responsibility which is enhanced by strong partnerships between home, school, and community.
News, Notes and Reminders
Nancy will be arriving around 10:00 today.
Thanks for continuing the routines that you've established through the end of the school year!! Your students will appreciate the consistency that you maintain right up to the last day.
There are 16.5 (Kindergarten) teaching and learning days left in this school year!! (Pre-K 16 days) Let's make the most of every single day!
Monday, May 16th
CFIP meetings- Pre-K-11:00 / K-11:45 You will find the agenda here: https://docs.google.com/a/wcboe.k12.md.us/document/d/1xrJmcQTeYtQ4fIFpDd966RZcyd-gOn-PpRvy83yM2YI/edit?usp=sharing
Pre-K teachers meeting - 3:00. (This meeting is for all Pre-K teachers returning next school year.) We will discuss packing up materials for classroom moves and ordering of materials for the new school year.
Tuesday, May 17th
Ready at Five Symposium at Turf Valley today. Emotional Intelligence: From Theory to Practice.
Wednesday, May 18th
IEP transition meetings today - You will find the agenda for the IEP meetings on the Funkstown IEP meetings shared doc. If you cannot find this document please see Bridget Stine.
PM Pre-K music performance 6:00 pm in the cafeteria
Thursday, May 19th
Pre-K to Misty Meadows / Kindergarten to KinderKonzert
Friday, May 20th
Birth to Five Think Tank Meeting- special ed.
- IEP/transition meetings will take place on May 18, 24, 25 June 1, 2, 8
- May 17th- Ready at Five Symposium, Emotional Intelligence- From Theory to Practice - Turf Valley Conference Center.
- May 18th Pre-K music program - cafeteria at 6:00 pm
- May 19th- Pre-K to Misty Meadows Farm - Kindergarten to KinderKonzert
- May 25th- Celebrating Tammy's retirement at Aqua 103 Happy Hour.
- May 27th- Funkstown Field Day
- May 30th- Memorial Day- Schools and CES closed
- June 3rd - End of Year Celebration for K (raindate June 6th)
- June 7th- Last day of school and end of year celebrations for Pre-K students
- June 8th- Last 1/2 day of school for Kindergarten students
- June 8th- Staff End of year celebration
- June 9th- Last day of school for staff
- June 9th- Social/Wellness Committee Social- The Stadium.
- June 10th- HAPPY SUMMER!