Federal Court System
- Highest court in the federal system
- Meet in Washington D.C
- 9 Judges
- Appeals jurisdiction through the certiorari process
Courts of Appeal
- no original jurisdiction, strictly appellate
- A court of appeals hears challenges to district court decisions from courts located within its circuit, as well as appeals from decisions of federal administrative agencies.
- District courts resolve disputes by determining the facts and applying legal principles to decide who is right.
- There is at least one district court in each state