Weekly Update for Army Trail School Families
October 29, 2019
Parent Teacher Conferences
Conferences will be held individually with parents/guardians in 15-minute increments. Conferences can be scheduled for multiple teachers and students. Online access to schedule conferences will open on October 21 and close on November 1. Conferences that need to be scheduled after online registration closes will need to go through the individual teacher. If you have already been contacted by your child’s academic team and have made an appointment, you do not have to schedule a conference online. Please contact the Main Office if you need assistance logging in or need your username and password.
Conference Date and Times
November 13; 4:00-7:30 pm
November 14; 4:00-7:30 pm
November 15; 12:45-3:30 pm
Halloween Parties and Parade
Halloween is quickly approaching, and we will celebrate at Army Trail on Thursday, October 31. Classroom teachers will be sending letters home to inform you of classroom activities that will be taking place. As a school, we will continue our tradition of the Halloween parade. The parade will begin at approximately 1:00.
All students can wear costumes to school in the morning. To create the least disruption to the learning environment, please use the following guidelines when sending your child(ren) to school on this day:
- Students are not allowed to bring weapons of any kind to school.
- Costumes should be appropriate for an elementary school setting. Costumes depicting violence and make-up that is excessively bloody are not appropriate in a school setting.
- Students should wear their costumes to school. If your child has P.E., please make sure they have appropriate footwear.
- Students will not be allowed to be picked up to go home to put on their costumes. All costumes should be worn to school.
Parents are welcome to come to Army Trail for the Halloween parade at 1:00 and wait along the parade route. Weather permitting, we will exit the building on the east side Door 6, walk east towards Indian Trail down the sidewalk to the District Office and back to Army Trail. The best photo opportunities will be along this path. Parents will not be allowed into the building for safety reasons. If, however, the weather does not cooperate, parents will be welcomed into Army Trail to watch the parade in the gym. In the case of poor weather, all parents must enter through Door 6.
- Costumes and masks must be school appropriate (this includes parent volunteer costumes as well)
- No violent costumes and accessory weapons allowed
- Students that will not be participating for religious reasons will have adult supervision and other educational activities planned for them in the library
Night at the Museum
Thursday, Nov. 21st, 6pm
346 Army Trail Boulevard
- Virtual Museum Tours
- Exhibits from Cantigny Park, Willowbrook Wildlife Center, Addison Historical Society, and more
- Photo Booth
PTA will also be selling pizza, popcorn, snacks, water, and other treats
Army Trail Spirit Wear Sales
- Culver's Night out PTA Fundraiser
- PTA Halloween Monster Bash
Dr. Ferney Returns
Tuesday, Dec. 3rd, 6pm
346 Army Trail Boulevard
RSVPs are enabled for this event.