Copy Rights, Do's and Don'ts
Ashley & Michaela
What is copyright?
A form of protection provided by the laws of the United States to the authors of original works of authorships and other intellectual works http://mason.gmu.edu/~montecin/copyright-internet.htm
The Do's of copyright
- Link to other websites with permission and cite source
- Free graphics must be advertised as "free"
- Use audio and video along with citations
- With original texts make sure you have permission and citations
Copyright and the Internet
The Don't of Copyrights?
- Cannot change the context of an original work and call your own
- Cannot copy and paste others list of resources onto own website/page
- Cannot incorporate others content without citing
- Cannot copy and paste links, video, audio, or graphics without citations
- Cannot forward someone's email to another person without permission