S.O.A.R. to New Heights!!
Important Dates in November
November 1-8 - Book Fair
November 8 - PTO Basket RaffleNovember 8 - Parent Teacher Conferences
November 11 - Veterans' Day - No School
November 13 - Curve Program for 1st and 2nd Grade
November 13 - 4th Grade Band Concert @ 6:00pm
November 21 - Reading Competition at Bellwood Antis
November 21 - PTO Meeting
November 22 - Veterans' Program @ 9:00am (Wear Red, White, and Blue)
November 27 - Early Dismissal at 11:30
November 28-December 2 - Thanksgiving Break
Parent Teacher Conferences
We look forward to seeing you on November 8th!
Book Fair and Basket Raffle
Be sure to visit the PTO Basket Raffle in the gym during Parent Teacher Conferences. The money raised from this basket raffle goes directly back to our students.
Role Models of the Month for October
PreK October Role Model of the Month
Kindergarten October Role Model of the Month
First Grade October Role Model of the Month
Second Grade October Role Model of the Month
Third Grade October Role Model of the Month
Fourth Grade October Role Model of the Month
Home of the Free because of the Brave
CHES Veterans' Day Program
All of our community and family members who have served or are currently serving in the military are invited to the CHES Veterans' Program on Friday, November 22, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. Flyers will be going home with every student. If you know a veteran or active military member that would like to attend, please fill out the bottom of the flyer with the correct information and return it to school. Melody Thomas will be in contact with the local VFWs and Legions to invite the men and women of those organizations to come as well.
All students will be making "Holiday Mail for Heroes" to be distributed to local Veterans Hospitals with the help of the Red Cross and Cambria County Commissioner, Thomas Chernisky.
This program will include Patriotic Songs and Poems as well a a chance for students to walk through our "Line of Gratitude" to personally shake hands and thank our honored guests.
From November 10- November 22, CHES will also be holding a drive to collect donations for a local organization called, "Homeless Hero's Stocking Project". These stockings will be given to homeless Veterans in our area. A letter will be coming home soon describing this project in more detail. The following items can be sent in to school and placed in the donation bins outside of the office: shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste. toothbrushes, toothbrush holders, razors, wash clothes, soap, plastic soap dish, gift cards to Giant Eagle or Walmart, socks, or gloves.
We owe so much to the men and women who have served our country, and we would like to tell them in person! Please contact the school if you have any questions.
Handicapped Accessible Swings are Ready!
Questions to Ask Your Child Besides, "How was your day?"
- What did you eat for lunch?
- Did you catch anyone doing something funny?
- What games did you play at recess?
- What was the funniest thing that happened today?
- Did anyone do anything super nice for you?
- What was the nicest thing you did for someone else?
- Who made you smile today?
- Which one of your teachers would survive in the wilderness? Why?
- What new fact did you learn today?
- Who brought the best food to lunch today? What was it?
- What challenged you today?
- If school were a ride at the fair, which ride would it be? Why?
- What would you rate your day on a scale of 1 to 10? Why?
- If one of your classmates could be the teacher for the day who would you want it to be? Why?
- If you had the chance to be the teacher tomorrow, what would you teach the class?
- Did anyone push your buttons today?
- Who do you want to make friends with but haven't yet? Why not?
- What is your teacher's most important rule?
- What is the most popular thing to do at recess?
- Does your teacher remind you of anyone else you know? How?
- Tell me something you learned about a friend today.
- What was your favorite subject to study today? Why?
- What is one thing you did today that was helpful?
- When did you feel most proud of yourself today?
- What rule was the hardest to follow today?
- What is one thing you hope to learn before the year is over?
- Which person in your class is your exact opposite?
- Which area of your school is the most fun?
- Which playground skill do you plan to master this year?
- What was something that made you think today?