States Of Matter
By : Marina Spagnolo
- Although the something is classified as a solid does not mean it is not able to be shaped.
- All objects classified as a shape have a recognizable shape, and amount of space taken up.
- Objects classified as solids also do not morph or change if moved places.
- some wire
- a pencil
- a book
- Liquids take the shape f the container that they are placed inside of.
- The amount of liquid does not change from container to container.
- Liquids have loose particles and that is the reason for their viscosity .
Plasma is an ionized gas consisting of positive ions and free electrons in proportions resulting in more or less no overall electric charge, typically at low pressures.
1. This substance is seen on Earth rarely.
2. Is common on the sun, and stars and through out galaxy.
3. Ninety – nine percent of all matter the that can be observed in the universe is Plasma.
· Neon signs
· Fluorescent arcs
Bose Einstein Condensate
Bose Einstein Condensate is a fifth matter element predicted by Einstein and proven by scientists fairly recently.
1. ( B E C ) Forms at – 273 Celsius.
2. When ( B E C ) forms moving particles act as a single particle.
3. It is named after Einstein because of his prediction of this fifth state of matter decades before its discovery.
- Nucleons ins ide a neutron star