Las Positas Updates
12/10/21 Volume 1 (18)
Happy Friday, Las Positas Lions~
We have been having so much fun with the students. This week the holiday spirit kicked in and we have been starting the mornings with holiday music to add some "cheery" and "merry" to our "balanced" days.
As we finalize our last week of school of 2021 year, please help our students continue to be "principled" "communicators" who are "inquirers" and "caring" in a "balanced" way. (I hope each of these quoted words are extremely familiar by now~.)
Have a very well balanced weekend!
How can families help develop students who are Balanced at home?
- Create a daily schedule that includes time for school work, outside physical activity, arts and music, rest, balanced meals.
- Allow time for a variety of activities daily with your children (school activities, indoor play, outside play, active play and quiet activities)
- Model doing a little bit of everything in front of your child: play, learn, exercise, rest, eat healthy foods
- Praise your child for demonstrating a balance lifestyle
- Visit many different places to learn: libraries, museums, nature trails and nature preserves, parks, Historical Parks
- Explore different hobbies: yoga, jogging, knitting, cards, marbles, collecting stickers
What does being balanced mean to you?
Spirit Week Next Week: Special Thanks to Our Ambassadors for Setting It Up
Life-long Learners Grown at Las Positas
Students collaborate on flow charts to write their informative/explanatory texts.
How About Constellation?
Student chooses to use constellation for their patterns of time in science.
Let's Add Fun Games
Ambassadors help facilitate fun games during the awards assembly.
Click on Flyer for Full Detail on Community Resources
12/13- Fire Drill (if no rain)
Holiday Spirit Week - 12/13 ~12/17
Monday- Dream Career (Open-minded)
- Tuesday-Ugly Sweater (Courageous)
- Wednesday- PJ Day (Balanced)
- Thursday-Animal Day (Caring)
- Friday-Winter Wonderland (Reflective)
- 12/20 - 12/31 - No School (Winter Break)
- 1/3- No School (Staff Professional Development)
- 1/4/22- Students return to school
- 1/17- No School (Martin Luther King Jr.)
- 1/24- PTA Association Meeting