RC Mac Community News
Dear Parents and Students,
I hope the month of June is going smoothly for your family. Some businesses are opening up with longer store hours and in person services. The traffic on our highways and main streets is definitely starting to buzz!
Meanwhile, back at school we found the first week to be unusual but also safe and calm. We have adopted a measured approach for ongoing physical distancing throughout the day for all students and staff that works. We spent a lot of time outdoors in increments each day for breaks and other activities including Forest Time and Garden Time.
Once again I would like to express gratitude for the tremendous work of teachers at RC MacDonald and across British Columbia who are straddling online teaching, in person teaching and writing report cards all at the same time. This is no easy feat and certainly will need some adjustments to make it a sustainable teaching model beyond June.
This month we have an additional teacher working with us on technology initiatives. Mr. Gill is an SD43 District Tech Teacher also known as one of LIT teachers. Mr. Gill supports teachers across the district and we are very fortunate to be learning from him this month- it’s Professional Development “on tap”!
Please consider joining the next PAC meeting on Zoom, Monday June 15th as final budget decisions for both 19-20 and 20-21 school year will be determined.
Have a good week.
Face Shield Donation!
Are you interested in face shield or plexiglass barriers for your business? Please reach out to them anytime at the link below or phone the school and we will connect you.
Student Artwork Needed! Tree Canada Grant Signs.
The artwork with be laminated and used to create signs for display this summer along the front area of the school grounds.
Some larger papers will be put out on the blue table by the front of the Office for any remote learners who wish to participate but wish to have a larger paper.
Mulch, mulch and more mulch!
Thanks to Eve Gauthier for organizing the donations from Treemendous and Tree People Ltd.
We will continue the work this week and will also be considering increased signage for the project which is of interest to all the neighbors- some have already contributed by planting a tree on our planting days last week.
Upcoming Dates in June & Last Week Schedule
Monday June 15
- PAC Budget Meeting on Zoom
Wednesday June 17
- Grade 5 Minecraft Leaving Ceremony begins at 1pm
LAST WEEK SCHEDULE
Monday June 22
- AL On Site Attendance- Last Day including report card & yearbook handed out
- Grade 5 Formal Farewell Appointments 11am-5pm book with teacher
- Tuesday June 23
- AL - Remote Learners- Last Day including report card & yearbook pick up
- Grade 5 Formal Farewell Appointments 11am - 5 pm -book with teacher
Wednesday June 24
- MZ On Site Attendance - Last Day including report card & yearbook handed out
- Grade 5 Leaving Ceremony on Teams 1-2pm
Thursday June 25
- MZ Remote Learners- Last Day including report card & yearbook pick up
Friday June 26
- Administrative Day- No students at school
- Grade 5 Formal Farewell Appointments