What if my Identity has already been stolen?
If you become a victim of identity theft, or even suspect that you might be a victim, take immediate action.
1. Contact one of the credit reporting agencies' fraud alert departments.
2. Contact your lenders, banks, and insurance companies.
3. Victims of identity theft are entitled to a free credit report..
4. File a police report—it is proof of the crime.
5. Periodically check your credit reports.
6. Work with the credit reporting agencies.
7. Work with your credit card companies.