Austin High School
Black Bear News -- Sept 17, 2023
This week is Homecoming Week at AHS!! We have exciting activities planned all week! Review this newsletter for the schedule of activities!!
On Saturday night, The Pride of Austin High Marching Band had a great performance @ The Morgan County Night of Bands. Great Job!
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please email me at email@example.com. #AttentionToDetail
Have a Great Day!!
10th Grade Homecoming Panel Work Times
Parents and students are welcome to join us! 10th Graders work in the Harvard Room at AHS.
- 10th grade AHS Homecoming Panel preparations work times are listed below:
- Sunday 9/17 - 3:00pm to 6:00pm
- Monday 9/18 - 4:00pm to 9:00pm
- Tuesday 9/19 - 4:00pm to 9:00pm
- Wednesday 9/20 - 4:00pm to 9:00pm
11th Grade Homecoming Panel Work Times
Parents and students are welcome to join us! 11th Graders work in the Scene Shop at AHS:
- 11th Grade AHS Homecoming Panel preparations work times are listed below:
- Sunday 9/17 - 2:00pm to 4:30pm
- Monday 9/18 - 3:30pm to 7:00pm
- Tuesday 9/19 - 3:30pm to 7:00pm
- Wednesday 9/20 - 3:30pm to 7:00pm
12th Grade Homecoming Panel Work Times
- Parents and students are welcome to join us! 12th Graders work in the Auditorium Lobby at AHS.
- 12th grade AHS Homecoming Panel preparations work times are listed below:
- Sunday 9/17 - 1:00pm to 6:00pm
- Monday 9/18 - 6:00pm to 9:00pm
- Tuesday 9/19 - 6:00pm to 9:00pm
- Wednesday 9/20 - 6:00pm to 9:00pm
Homecoming Parade Participation
- If you know of any organization that would like to participate in the homecoming parade, please get them to click on the link for details.
The Austin High Homecoming Dance will be held in the AHS Cafeteria on Saturday, September 23, from 7:30-10:30 p.m.
All AHS and AJHS 9th-12th students are invited to attend!! No outside guests will be allowed.
Tickets are on sale now and must be bought in advance. Tickets will not be sold at the door, so get them now!
You can purchase them from Mrs. Brooks, Mrs. Allred, or the front office! They will be on sale until Friday, September 22. They are $10 each.
Plan to attend Scholarship Night, Sept. 20th, 5:30-6:30 pm at the CAD Cafetorium; please contact your school counselor for more information or firstname.lastname@example.org. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RYLsHj0q2pliME5sdYQKNIP3NxEMDINU.
Europe Field Trip
- Here is the final reminder if you haven’t yet enrolled for our England, France, and Italy trip. Our trip with EF Educational Tours will take place in the Summer 2025.
- There has been an overwhelming amount of interest and excitement around this destination. I’ve been blown away by the response and wanted to give everyone one final chance to enroll.
- Make sure to enroll so you can reserve your spot, there are a few spots left. Enroll and see our trip website at www.eftours.com/2677774ta
- If you have questions, please let me know, I can be reached via email at Emily.West@dcs.k12.al.us
Seniors: Drake State will host Career Day on October 11th. Please register this week if you plan to attend.
AHS Parking Decals are REQUIRED
- Reminder...All students must have a parking decal to park on campus. Parking forms are available via this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdDiad-djMbw2ZcnNUE0myQJV2lPOKe6bw6IhYVQaRLxQS2HQ/viewform or Hard Copy forms are available in the main office.
- Any car without a decal is subject to be towed.
AHS Tutoring Schedule for 2023-2024
Here is a link to various scholarships students can apply for. New scholarships will be added when available.
Students Last Name A - F
256-552-3071 Ext. 6440
Students Last Name G - M
256-552-3071 Ext. 6408
Students Last Name N - Z
256-552-3071 Ext. 6424
Click on this link to view all sporting events for the Austin Feeder Pattern