December 12, 2016
The 4 T's Reflection Question:Text
How do you know if a text is complex?
- Subtle and/or frequent transitions
- Density of information
- Complex sentences
- Unfamiliar settings, topics or events
- Multiple and/or subtle themes and purposes
- Lack of repetition, overlap or similarity in words and sentences
- Uncommon vocabulary
- Lack of words, sentences or paragraphs that review or pull things together for the student
- Longer paragraphs
- Any text structure which is less narrative and/or mixes structures
- Mid-cycle on-demand information writing assessments should be administered by 1/6.
- Academic support staff will begin leading guided reading groups to support students below grade level.
- For student safety, do not leave students unsupervised in your classroom.
- For student safety, please report to yard duty on time. Students are being released when the bell rings and it is important that supervision is available at that time.
- If you require any classroom supplies, email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com we will ensure you receive your supplies by the end of the day if they are available on site and will order any supplies that are not available on site.
Upper-Grade Yard-Boggs Vazquez
Week at a Glance
- Cost Meeting 11 to 12
- Staff Meeting 3 to 4
- Minimum Day
- Howard Staff Potluck
- Williams Off Site Principal PD
- Afterschool Program Showcase 5 to 6
Important Upcoming Dates
- Winter Break 12/19 to 1/2/2016