Reading Coach 4 P Report
Week of April 11th - 15th
Jenni did a wonderful job presenting at our meeting. I appreciate her dedication and expertise to reading analysis. It would be so beneficial for her to so professional development at Summer Institute to get teachers talking more about the MSV analysis element of benchmarking.
- I conferenced with students about their rough drafts.
- I had to discuss organization of information, word choice, and paraphrasing in most conferences.
- One student has published her research.
- I worked with a first grade student that is being presented to our Staff Support Team. I guided him to take a couple of MAP Skills Checklist Assessments so we could pinpoint some of his weakest areas.
- I attended our District Co-hort Meeting and learned a great deal about MSV analysis from Jenni Clay's presentation.
- I sent out a reminder to second and third grade teachers about the deadlines for Benchmark testing so we can send our results to the district on time so that plans for which student to invite to Summer Reading Camp can be completed.
- I met with our third grade teacher who had questions about applying to teach at one of the Summer Reading Camps.
- I will continue working on finishing the project this week. Including the debriefing conference with the teacher.
- I will be involved in MAP testing most of the week so my time to work on Reading Coach work will be extremely limited this week.
- I will conduct the Benchmark Inventory so I can have this report ready for Michelle Grant.
- Due to the information gained at our District Meeting, I will begin to plan professional development on Benchmarking to review the new rubric as well as a collaborative discussion about the MSV analysis that needs to take place at the Fall and Winter Benchmarking sessions to guide instruction.
- I will guide my third grade teacher through this before we do the final benchmark this year.