South Row's Home Link
Week of: September 5th, 2022
Message from Mrs. Gilbert & Mr. Ramalho
We had a great week back despite the heat! We are so happy to see all of the returning students and welcome the new ones. As always, we aim to create and sustain a warm and enriching environment for our students and inspire a community atmosphere where all families feel welcome and supported. We look forward to partnering with you this year.
Terri and Jayson
Week at a Glance
MONDAY - 9/5
- No School - Labor Day
- No events
WEDNESDAY - 9/7
- No events
- No events
FRIDAY - 9/9
- No events
Monday, September 12th
- Monday, September 12th
- Kindness Matters Day ~ Staff & students encouraged to wear kindness shirts
- Student Grade Level Meetings w/ Mrs. Gilbert & Mr. Ramalho
- PTO Board Meeting, 6:30pm
- PTO Meeting, 7:00pm, Cafeteria
Wednesday, September 21st
- Early Release Day - Staff Professional Development - Students dismissed at 11:45am
- Curriculum Night
5 – 5:25 pm: Principal/Assistant Principal Presentation- Cafeteria (3 and 4 families)
5:30 – 6:15pm: Grades 3 & 4 Teacher Presentations
6:15 – 7:00pm: Support Staff / Specialists available in classrooms/offices
7 – 7:25pm: Principal/ Assistant Principal Presentation- Cafeteria (K,1,2 families - same as first presentation)
7:30 – 8:15pm: Grades K, 1 & 2 Teacher Presentations
Save the date:
- Ice Cream Social: September 27th
- Pumpkin Fair: October 15th
Car Arrival/Dismissal Reminders: Thank you for a smooth first few days at car/drop off and pick up. Please just review these reminders below.
- Loop opens at 8:45 am
- Two lines should form on the access road from Mill Rd prior to the loop opening
- Once the loop opens please ALTERNATE cars to form one row of cars as you approach the school. Please be sure to watch carefully and be traveling very slowly.
- Please be sure your car is in PARK once you approach a spot the drop-off area car rows
- DO NOT let your child out of the car until directed by an adult
- DO NOT drive out of the car area until directed by an adult due to student/staff movement
- We kindly ask adults to stay in cars
- If you believe your child needs extra assistance, feel free to park at Aldersgate Church and walk (along the grass area) to approach the back of the building. Walkers should not block car traffic flow for safety purposes.
- Any car arriving after 9:00AM will need to check their child in at the main office (front door).
- Please be sure your number is clearly displayed on your car.
- Please be mindful not to block off Mill. Rd. when approaching access road
- Please continue to practice your number with your child
- When you approach one of the four rows of cars, please be sure your car is in park
- Students WILL NOT be allowed to go to cars until all cars in four rows come to a complete stop. This is a non-negotiable.
- Cars will NOT be allowed to drive out of the car pick-up loop until all students are in cars in the respective wave. This is for student and staff safety.
- Please stay in your car and be ready to give staff a thumbs up when your child makes it to your car.
Pictures Opt Out - Classroom/Building Based/Social Media: If you would like to opt out of having your child's picture shared via our family newsletter, classroom communication or on South Row social media please contact Mrs. Gilbert, Mr. Ramalho or Ms. O'Neill. Please specify what you are opting out of with regards to picture sharing.
Water bottles: Please send your student to school with a water bottle, especially in this heat! We have a few water bottle filling stations that students can use throughout the day.
Dear South Row Families,
Welcome to South Row Kindergarten and welcome back to our returning families! I think we are going to have a great year! Here are some housekeeping items from the health office.
Please complete the emergency form that went home this week. If your student is in kindergarten and there are no changes from registration then you do not need to complete the form. If your student has had changes to their medication or medical diagnosis and this was not listed on the form, please let me know via phone or email.
Updated Covid Guidelines:
You can read the full Covid Protocol here: CPS COVID Health Protocols
Quarantine is no longer required nor recommended for children or staff in these settings, regardless of vaccination status or where the exposure occurred. All exposed individuals may continue to attend programming as long as they remain asymptomatic. A high quality mask should be worn for 10 days, and test 5 days after the exposure on Day 6. If symptoms develop, follow the guidance for symptomatic individuals, below.
Children and staff who test positive must isolate for at least 5 days. If they are asymptomatic or symptoms are resolving and they have been fever free without the use of fever-reducing medicine for 24 hours, they may return to programming after Day 5 and should wear a high-quality mask through Day 10:
If the individual is able to mask, they must do so through Day 10.
If the child has a negative test on Day 5 or later, they do not need to mask (please provide documentation for the negative test to the school nurse).
If the individual is unable to mask, they may return to programming with a negative test on Day 5 or later.
Please notify your school nurse of a positive COVID-19 test result.
Symptomatic individuals should be sent home and allowed to return to their program or school if symptoms remain mild and they test negative, or they have been fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication and their symptoms are resolving, or if a medical professional makes an alternative diagnosis. A negative test is strongly recommended for return. Best practice would also include wearing a mask, if possible, until symptoms are fully resolved. For symptomatic individuals, MDPH recommends a second test within 48 hours if the initial test is negative.
Feel free to reach out to me with any questions.
Welcome to the new school year families! As a parent/guardian of a South Row student you are automatically a member of the PTO (Parent Teacher Organization). We hope you will join us at our first PTO Open House.
When: Monday September 12th 7-8pm
Where: The South Row Cafeteria (enter thru loading dock doors in car drop off/pickup area)
Who will you see there? The PTO Board Members, Event and Fundraiser Committee Chairs, school staff including our Principal Terri Gilbert & Assistant Principal Jayson Ramalho, the School Board Rep for South Row, Donna Newcomb
Why should you attend? This is an informal meet-and-greet style gathering. Pop in for a few minutes or stay the whole time! Learn about fundraisers, events, and other great things for the year including our Ice Cream Social on 9/27 and Pumpkin Fair on 10/15 which are coming up fast! Oh and there will be snacks to nibble on as well.
Bring your questions, ideas, and excitement- we can't wait to see you there!
SOUTH ROW'S PHOTOS OF THE WEEK
Back to School Fun!
Care Solace - Are you in need of support?
Contact the South Row Administrative Team!
Mr. Jayson Ramalho, M.Ed.
Contact the Main Office Staff
- Mrs. Terri Gilbert, Principal: email@example.com, 978-251-5177 ext. 4
- Mr. Jayson Ramalho, Assistant Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org, 978-251-5177 ext. 3
- Mrs. Shannon Vandevoordt, School Nurse: email@example.com, 978-251-5177, ext.2
- Mrs. Debbie O'Neill, Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org, 978-251-5177, ext. 0
- Mrs. Kim Sepe, School Clerk: email@example.com, 978-251-5177, ext.0
- Absentee Line: 978-251-5177 ext. 1