ROMAN NAME: PHOEBUS APOLLO OR SOL
APOLLO IS THE GOD OF THE SUN, MUSIC, AND TRUTH
- Lyre - a musical instrument of ancient Greece
- Tripod - the oracular seat of the priestess of Apollo at Delphi
- Laurel tree
- Navel stone
- Youthful God
- Impressive golden hair
- Father - Zeus The king of all Gods
- Mother - Leto The Goddess of motherhood and protectress of young
- Sister - Artemis Goddess of virginity, the hunt, and the natural environment
- Apollo's 1st Lover - Daphne A beautiful Nymph who loved to hunt
- Apollo's Lover - Coronis She was a princess of Thessalian
- Apollo's Lover - Cyrene The daughter of King Hypseus of the Lapiths
- Son - Aristaeus Minor god, protector and creator of various arts (Mother): Cyrene
- Son - Asclepius The god of the medical art (medicine) (Mother): Coronis
- He was creative
- Supportive of all arts of civilization
- Creative and handsome
- Loved by all
- Was too happy to enjoy the charms of nymphs
- Apollo was born in the greek island of Delos.
- Apollo sent his sister Artemis to kill Coronis which was one of his lovers
- His roman name "Phoebus"meant "bright" and "pure"
- Apollo was truthful and because of that he was granted the gift of prophecy and oracles.
"Apollo Was the Olympian God of the Sun, the Light, the Music and the Prophecy." Greek God Apollo, the God of the Sun and the Light in Greek Mythology. Web. 28 Jan. 2016.
"Apollo • Facts and Information on Greek God of the Sun Apollo." Greek Gods & Goddesses. Web. 28 Jan. 2016.
"Artemis." Artemis. Web. 28 Jan. 2016.
"Cyrene." Cyrene. Web. 28 Jan. 2016.
"Everything You Need to Know about Apollo." About.com Education. Web. 28 Jan. 2016.
"Greek Mythology." : Coronis. Web. 28 Jan. 2016."Myth of Apollo and Daphne - Greeka.com." Greeka. Web. 28 Jan. 2016.