What it is and how you can avoid it!
What is malware?
Malware is any malicious software.
What are the different types of malware?
There are 3 main types of malware, which are:
- Viruses- Viruses copy themselves, but then need contact to spread. These used to be spread by floppy disks or drives, but now it can even be spread over the internet. A virus usually deletes system files, and makes it so that your computer won't work the way it's supposed to.
- Trojan Horses- Trojan Horses seem legitimate, but then they allow access to someone else. These may be be an extra little program that may come attached to something like a movie, music, or a game when you download it. This little program will allow the person behind it to access your computer and do whatever they want to it.
- Spyware- Spyware are programs that secretly obtain your personal information.
How can avoid becoming a victim of malware?
There are several ways that a person can avoid becoming a victim of malware. These include, but are not limited to:
- Installing antivirus software
- Installing a firewall
- Using common sense while using their computer
Anyone can fall victim to a virus, but antivirus programs can warn a person before too much damage is done.
Malware is intentionally used to harm a person, whether it is harming their computer, or stealing their personal information for other evil intentions. Spyware tries to steal your personal information and passwords.
There are many different types of antivirus programs out there to help you fight malware.