Kermit Junior High
Lesson Planning Day
TEA: All things STAAR
Putting it into Plan: Teaching the Whole Cookie
- Listen, Speak, Read, Write
- Writing Focus: Student Friendly Rubrics
- Recall CommonLit for thematic paired passages & making connections
- Don't forget Newsela for differentiated news articles by lexile level
Here's our Google Doc of notes today; add to them! goo.gl/RhB4wB
- Depth of Knowledge Chart (click here)
- Bloom's Planning Guide Chart (click here)
- Padagogy Wheel: technology integration (click here)
Looking for Tech Extensions?
Check out High Tech Verbs to find extensions, tools, and apps to correspond with your planned objectives: hightechverbs.wikispaces.com
TEKS Resource System
YAG (Year at a Glance)
IFD (Instructional Focus Document)
VAD (Vertical Alignment Document)
- Performance Assessments
Assess & Engage with Kahoot!
Engage your students with an interactive and competitive review!
- Use Kahoot! to review and interact with your students and gamify your classroom
- Ideas: review concepts, vocabulary, grammar, elements of a STAAR rubric, classroom rules, multiple choice questions
- Enrich: have students create their own Kahoots! to play as a class
- Let's play! Go to kahoot.it
- Ready to create your own for free? getkahoot.com
Student Video Creation (why it works: easy to use & acclimate, quick process [one class period]) https://animoto.com/education/classroom
- Students create videos to explain a concept (literary device), visually depict vocabulary words, visually explain an analogy, create book trailers, make connections back to previous works studied
- See student sample here.
- Pro tip: make sure the computers you're working with have updated flash players; be sure your students use your educator code to give them the free pro version.
- BE SURE TO get the free educator account, sign up, THEN when you're signed in, click to apply for the free educator account.
- OR steal Kile's code here: a4ekileb6aaf7
- How to have students use your educator code: watch here: http://screencast.com/t/mezOKl6fN
Save the Date! Face to Face RDI: Round 2
Upcoming Kermit Planning & Support Dates:
- Tuesday, 10/20
- Tuesday, 11/3
- Thursday, 11/12
- Monday, 11/30
- Monday, 1/11
Here's a tentative schedule of our upcoming support dates to help you plan accordingly; do know that this is subject to change or update!