Chicken vs. Beef
By: Briana Crumley
- Roasting: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/juicy-roasted-chicken/
- Broiling: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/basic-broiled-chicken-breasts/
- Grilling: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/rotisserie-chicken/detail.aspx
- Frying: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/crispy-fried-chicken/
- Braising: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/braised-balsamic-chicken/
Beef vs. Chicken
- If you are looking to gain muscle weight, beef would be better for you than chicken.
- Beef is higher in calories.
- Beef is a richer source of choline than chicken.
- Roasting is a good fat-saving cooking technique for whole chickens and turkeys.
- Frying, sauteing, and the deep frying requires a lot of oil which increases the calories.
White vs. Dark Poultry
White vs. Dark
- Both are a good source of protein.
- Dark meat is a better source of iron.
- White meat is lower in fat.