Calendar Of Events
November 6- No School/Staff Development
November 7- School Pictures
November 8- 4th Writing Benchmark
November 9- 5th Science Benchmark
November 10- Veteran's Day Presentation
November 14- 3-6 Math Benchmarks
November 15- 2-6 Reading Benchmark
November 20-24- Thanksgiving Break
From The Principal
Thank you so much for participating in our fall carnival. It was so much fun to see the students dressed in costume and having a good time with their family. Next week, we will start our canned food drive to benefit The Chocolate Mint Foundation and their Thanksgiving Baskets. We will run the canned food drive from November 6th-15th. Donations will be delivered on the afternoon of the 15th. The class that brings the most donations will receive a pizza party. List of canned goods is on the separate handout.
Yearbooks on Sale Now!
Yearbooks are on sale now!
You can reserve your student's Life School Yearbook today for $23.00.
3 Ways to Order
Online- Visit www.balfour.com select our school and follow instructions
Phone- Call 1-800-853-1337
PO Box 150069
Austin, TX 78715-0069
From the Nurse
How to help friends with life-threatening allergies:
- Learn which allergens they need to avoid and help them be on the lookout
- Don't share food. Please do not share any food during lunch, even a small bite of a cookie or candy can cause someone to have an allergic emergency.
- Get help fast. If your friend eats/comes into contact with something they are allergic to tell your teacher, school nurse, or an adult right away.
Parents: if you received a Food Allergy Action Plan please complete the form and return it with the ordered medications (Epi Pen/Antihistamine) at your earliest convenience. If you have any questions please contact Nurse Thorpe.
Be Your Best!
Parents, it’s sometimes easy for students to forget the importance of putting their best foot forward. Some helpful tips for students are:
- Always write down tasks you need to accomplish
- Challenges are a good things. They make us stronger.
- Never settle for anything less than your best.