Hickey 2nd Grade Weekly Spotlight
November 13th - 17th, 2023
English Language Arts:
- Students can write complete sentences to persuade the reader.
- Students can identify the cause and effect from a read aloud.
- Students can make connections by finding ways the text is like other stories or other texts.
- Students can identify dialogue, stage directions and setting changes in a drama.
- Students can identify fact and opinions.
- Students can review the characteristics of a fairy tale and folktale.
- Students can solve one step and multi step addition and subtraction problems with and without regrouping.
- Students can generate and solve an addition and subtraction problem when given a number sentence.
Inquiry & Innovation:
- Students can explain the significance of Veteran’s Day and Thanksgiving Day and why we celebrate them.
- Students can distinguish between producing and consuming.
- Students can identify ways in which people are both producers and consumers.
DON'T FORGET TO READ 20 MINUTES EACH NIGHT!
High Frequency Words
Students should be able to read, write, and spell these words