Mrs. Lyons's Newsletter
December 15-19, 2014
Mark Your Calendar:
December 18: Christmas Party at 11:00 and Early Dismissal at 2:00
- If you'd like to send stocking stuffers (like pencils, peanut-free candies, erasers, etc.), we will pass them out at the party.
December 19: Pajama Day and Early Dismissal at 2:00
- Be sure to wear shoes that are school-appropriate with your pajamas.
December 22 through January 2: Christmas Break
January 5: Students return to school.
- Literacy: Students will continue creating a collection of writings for a Holiday Scrapbook. We will not have our regular Spelling test or Home Reading Log this week.
- Social Studies: We will take a closer look at some of our nation's founding documents: Declaration of Independence, Constitution, and Bill of Rights.
- Math: We will continue practicing multi-digit multiplication and division. We will do several informal assessments on skills we have worked on this 9 weeks (addition, subtraction with regrouping, multiplication and division. Students can now log on to www.frontrowed.com to practice their math skills. See the link below and use the class code vyinv5.