Books! Gadgets! Fun!
1. We can pull books on a particular topic or theme.
2. We can share great books with your students.
3. We can work together on a research project (all subject areas).
4. We can be another set of hands in the Computer Lab.
5. We can help with individual students and small groups - maybe you have a handful of students who are really curious about something - send them to the Learning Commons and we'll see what we can find out!
6. We can put together a list of links on a particular topic.
7. We can help you learn more about a particular technology tool or app.
The list goes on and on...just let us know what you need! We are here for you!
Happy New Year!
Valerie Byrd Fort, Karen Gobbi, and Brenda Burkett
September is National Library Card Sign Up Month!
The September and October Spotlight is (in honor of Caine's Arcade and the Global Cardboard Challenge) CARDBOARD! Other activities that students can explore in September and October are origami and rainbow loom objects/jewelry. If you have any questions or want to try out the Spotlight Activity as a whole class, just let me know!
I will be sending out more information along with our Makerspace Moment schedule soon!
ETV has a NEW content provider - Learn360!
Also, please note that any videos you downloaded from United Streaming onto your hard drive (or the T: Drive) need to be deleted ASAP. This is for copyright purposes.
- Computer Lab
- Learning Commons
- Literacy Center/Book Room (in Learning Commons)
- STEM Lab
- iPad Set 1
- iPad Set 2
- Laptops (10)
Student iPads will be ready soon! Don't forget that Brenda Burkett and I need to do a brief overview with you and your students about iPad use along with some useful "tips and tricks" that will be helpful to you and your students. We also need to go over the district's technology standards and "I Can" statements.
The lesson will take about 45 minutes. We would love to schedule your class to come to the Learning Commons. We are flexible and can do this anytime in the next few weeks. Please let us know what will work for you!
Exciting news! In order to better accommodate your iPad requests, we are adding another classroom set, which means we have more iPads for you to checkout to use with your whole class and in small groups (YAY!). Each classroom, all grade levels, will get 1 classroom iPad for student use. If you have students who need to get on a device, don't forget that you can always send them to the Learning Commons! We are here for their inquiring minds ANYTIME!
Lion Cub Storytime
Feel free to share these dates in your classroom newsletter!
Save the Date!
We are planning LOTS of awesome programming and events this school year! Save the date for...
- Deadline to receive a summer reading prize - August 22
- Lion Cub Story Time - September 12 at 9am
- Auggie's Birthday (from Wonder) - October 10
- Lion Cub Story Time - October 10 at 9am
- Global Cardboard Challenge - October 11 at Lexington Technology Center
- Star Wars READS Day - October 11, 4 - 6pm at Learning Express in Lexington
- Global Read Aloud - October