Cold Season Reminders
Now that cold season is upon us, it is especially important that we do all we can to prevent the spread of germs. Below are some helpful tips from the school nurses on wellness preventions:
· Frequent and thorough hand washing with soap and warm, running water is our best line of defense against the spread of germs.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs are often spread when a person touches a surface or object that is contaminated with germs and then touches his or her eyes, nose, or mouth.
· Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, and throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
· If your child has a fever, they should remain at home. Children must by fever-free for 24 hours before returning to school. This will help prevent the spreading of illnesses to others.
· Working together, we can offer a clean and healthy environment for your children and limit the spread of germs. If you have any questions, please feel free to call your school nurse for guidance.