January 6, 2020
" I like a teacher who gives me something to take home to think about besides homework.” – Lily Tomlin
KISD Assessment Dept.
NEW for 2019- 2020 The official hashtag of Keller ISD is... (drumroll please...) #CelebrateKISD!
Upcoming Common Assessments
Interim Assessment Results:
Interim Assessment Results have been uploaded into AWARE. You will find the results by clicking on the Analyze tab- Quick Views- selecting Interim- Interim Assessments.
DCAs due by January 17:
Reading: Grades 3 and 4
Writing: K, 1, 2, 3, 4
Please note: "Interim Assessments" are online assessments through ETS. If you are giving an Interim Assessment for the first time, we have developed support materials for you. All students have been loaded into ETS.
TEA mandated for Dyslexia Screener for 1st grade students by January 31:
TEA is now requiring a one time dyslexia screeners for all 1st grade students by January 31st. We will accomplish this through our universal screeners.
MAP: Administer MAP Reading and MAP Fluency to 1st grade students (no change)
AIMS WEB Plus: Administer Listening Comp and Spelling, in addition to the other subtests. Campuses will receive paper copies and administration manuals to administer Listening Comp and Spelling. Data will be entered into AIMS WEB Plus.
AIMS WEB 1.0: Campuses will receive paper copies and administration manuals to administer Listening Comp and Spelling. Data will be entered into AWARE inventory. We will communicate this information with our ISTs.
We will follow up with recommendations on how to interpret data and identify students who may need further evaluation. We will communicate this information with our ISTs.
Reading Pathways Assessment for 3rd and 4th Grade:
- For support in administering the Reading Pathways Assessment, please refer to:
- 3rd Grade: p. xi in the Orientation to the Unit under the Assessment section
- 4th Grade: p. xiii-xiv in An Orientation to the Unit under the Assessment section
- Reading Pathways p. 109
- online Heinemann resource under the specific unit being taught
- or for further support, contact your district literacy coach directly
- For support in scoring the Reading Pathways Assessment:
- District literacy coach will have availability to work with teachers when we return from winter break to score student responses
- Students can score a 1, 2, 3, or 4
- A folder has been added to curriculum documents to that includes rubrics and sample responses to guide scoring
TELPAS Rater Info Due Monday Jan 13th: Please remember this is only for grades 2nd - 12th. ttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JU4LvtX1uJx-WXIvPsNiEmO10dPZ8X6EgU9YBHWo2XM/edit#gid=566436986
Online Basic Training for new raters opens on Monday, January 27th
Duke TIP is expanding its qualification for the 7th Grade Talent Search by allowing any student who previously participated in 4–6th Grade Talent Search to enroll without providing new qualifying scores. Dukteip will notify these newly eligible students in January, so no additional identification is needed at the school level.
Some of you will begin to administer Interim Assessments. We have created a few documents to help your teachers.
1- How to administer Interim Assessments
2- How to look up Interim Assessment scores in ETS
3- How to Create Reporting Rosters (Must be completed so that teachers can see data in ETS)
Please note that we will load the scores into AWARE on Thursdays. The benefit of teachers going into ETS is to see the test questions and answer choices.
Please feel free to share with teachers as needed.
High School Specifics - National Assessment Resources/ Released exams posted on our site
PSAT Results being shared with students starting the week of January 7th.
PSAT Cohort 2020 :
- The PSAT Cohort campus information document that is in the shared drive- please update by Jan 24th: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Ey7-VeQ4MqnhDJvyIyIfjleKsjy1UFF4
- Cohort 2020 Predictions https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FSCeHOwXn0CR472r0fUGVxWCxlvl3RlY
AP Deadlines Approaching/Reminders or spring semester
- 2019-2020 AP Coordinator Planning Calendar - pls review
ACT School Day Resources Posted on Assessment site: https://sites.google.com/kellerisd.net/kisd-national-assessments/home#h.p_XOPKApW3z9TG
SAT School Day Resources Posted on Assessment site: https://sites.google.com/kellerisd.net/kisd-national-assessments/home#h.p_9UVHR1Zou7DT
Jan 14th - Deadline to submit ACT/ SAT Accommodation Requests for students
PSAT Results Distribution Guidance https://drive.google.com/drive/my-drive
- These results will be available to students and parents online starting Dec.10th (Parent resources such a Spanish CB Site link posted on our Assessment Site.
- My college Access site has been unblocked for campus / student/ teacher use
- Hard copies of the PSAT exam results will be distributed to students on campus starting
- the week of January 7th .
- Unofficial National Merit Semi/ Finalist predictions (do not share with students) - Please complete information requested by Tuesday, December 17th: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PDfhcmDJSJduhxfh1xSAE9isW-8QPpW7ScyYyg4SGD0
AP Potential Rosters ( Pool of Students) - Have been generated on CB website and place in your campus secure folder. Things to note about these rosters as Counselors,/Administrators review these names:
- A pool includes all students who have the minimum exam score associated with earning an AP exam score of 3,4,or 5 using a set pool percentage.
- The recommended pool level is 60% which is what was used to pull these rosters, if you would like them re-pulled using a different percentage please notify email@example.com and we will be happy to take care of this.
- Since our pool was set a 60%, these reports reflect students whose probability of receiving an AP exam score of 3,4, or 5 is anywhere between a 60%-100%.
- Please see ACT Training PPT, you will have work time during our Dec to finalize. ACT STAFF Training PPT
ACT-SAT Registration Open!
- KISD Assessment Site
- Timeline of Events
- Communication for parents/ students in English, Spanish and Vietnamese
3 Year Grad Guidance/ Students needing an EOC Exam, Pls Read: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mjI9LsVZ-ww5MGJYbRDSCnemSTDGxQWI
National Recognition, please update spreadsheet as your campus receives notification via USPS mail: (Many dept. use this for publications, presentations...)
1. Feb 4 - finalist names mailed
2. Feb 11- finalist names mailed