Class of 2016 Class Council
Meeting minutes 11/16
Cornell Leadership Conference re-cap and suggestions for the future
Core team with clear roles from the start so we know what everyone’s strengths are
Timing could have been an issue with why attendance was poor
Designate a class council liaison
Accountability, sub-committees food, planning spaces would be better than generalities in terms of group conversations
Different meetings dedicated to different things, smaller scale more involvement
Committees + focus groups and point people for each thing
Role for class council- how can we make this sustainable where we can work within class councils? Specific tasks that we are in charge of that report to Emily’s role
Tasks clearly delineated, use g-body meetings to talk about CLC and pass information off to CLC
Class council project head who reports to meetings, sub-committees from CC
Recruiting sophomores and juniors and have reps from the younger classes
Hold people accountable representing different organizations, liaisons from groups on campus
E-mailed over 50 orgs asking for nominations, commitment from people who are nominating people
People were at other events, cemented commitment that they will be there
Shorten the time of the conference
Move it later so no breakfast, cut costs
Breakouts without a keynote
Survey to indicate confirmation, indicate waitlist
Investment to get you to go
Get people from the waitlist off
- EVENT THIS THURSDAY! @ Loco, 5:30 PM (https://www.facebook.com/events/140082499684340/)
Share the event and tell your friends! Zinck's cards will be available for purchase, and those who have already bought one can pick it up here. The Senior Class Campaign will be there as well doing a photoshoot.
Justine is looking into reserving a space for us to table about the event and Zinck's cards. Once she hears back, she will be reaching out to people regarding tabling and there is a Google doc Bobby sent out this evening with time slots. All of this is contingent on our request being approved to keep an eye out for more information.
- Possibility of messaging wines professor about inserting a Zinck's slide before lecture
- Justine is waiting to hear back from the Regent sales team to see if we can host an event there, we already booked Loco but perhaps can use Regent in the future
John is working on fixing the link to sign up to the event
Walk-ins will be welcome, need 80 pre-registered donors
Once the link is fixed, the cover photo and advertising will follow
Could use a Google form to fill out basic registration information if all else fails
Philanthropy committee: Laci, Dorothy, Justine, Emily, Daniela, Alexa, Carson, Bobby
- https://www.facebook.com/cornellseniordays2016/ Like their page
- Share posts about upcoming application deadline: THIS FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 20th at NOON
- Send out the following blurb to interested underclassmen or your go-to list-serves: Want to give back to Class of 2016? Staying for graduation? Looking to develop your leadership skills? Love event planning and logistics?
Apply for the Senior Days 2016 Committee!! The Senior Days Committee works to plan exciting and fun events for seniors to celebrate their achievements at Cornell. Events include Wine Tours, Twilight Cruises, and the Senior Class BBQ, and you can be a part of the team to make this the most memorable Senior Days.
Click on the link above to apply. Applications are due by 12:00 PM, Friday, November 20th.
Please contact Bobby Dougherty (rld238) or Dorothy Zhang (dtz4) with any questions!