RMS Weekly Events Calendar
March 21 - March 25
What's Going On This Week!!
As we approach our ACT Aspire Assessments, we have been looking for ways to motivate our students to do their best. Several teachers have volunteered to serve on the Student Motivation Committee. These teachers have met a couple of times and have developed several great ideas for encouraging students to give their best effort on their Aspire assessments. Shortly, you will be receiving a schedule of daily events and rewards for inspiring and motivating students. Thank you for your help in this project. We are confident it will make a difference in the focus and effort our students give to these assessments.
We also kick-off the preparation of the 2016-17 school year on Monday night at our upcoming 7th and 8th grade parent meeting. We will begin talking about offering advanced classes to our students and some new electives we are hoping to offer next year. On Tuesday night we have an upcoming 6th grade parent night. I encourage all of you to attend these informational meetings with our students and parents. If you are a 6th grade teacher, the 6th grade meeting is a great opportunity to meet your upcoming students and parents.
We want to wish all of you a Happy Easter. Enjoy your time with family and friends and make wonderful memories!
Monday, March 21
- ACT Aspire Interim Assessment - Mrs. Kerby - Lab 1 & Mrs. Kimbrough - Lab 2
- RMS Tennis vs. Florence Middle School (Away)
- RMS Softball vs. Haleyville Middle School (Home) - 4:30 p.m.
- 7th & 8th Grade Parent Night - 6:30 p.m. - RMS Gym
Tuesday, March 22
- ACT Aspire Interim Assessment - Mr. G. Willis - Lab 1 & Mrs. Maddox - Lab 2
- 6th Grade Parent Night - 6:30 p.m. - RMS Gym
- Math Department Instructional Meeting - 6th Period
- RCS Track Meet (Away) - 4:00 p.m. - Deshler High School
Wednesday, March 23
- ACT Aspire Interim Assessment - Mrs. Smith - Lab 1 & Ms. Pruitt - Lab 2
- Social Studies Department Instructional Meeting - 4th Period - 6th Grade Teachers' Workroom
Thursday, March 24
- ACT Aspire Interim Assessment - Mr. Keeton - Lab 1 & Student Make-up Day
- RCS Board Meeting - Central Office Boardroom - 3:30 p.m.
- RMS Baseball vs. Athens High School - (Away) - 4:30 p.m. & 6:30 p.m.
Friday, March 25
- Student 1/2 day - Dismiss at 11:30 a.m.