Enfield Head Start, Integrated Pre-K, PK STEAM Academy
IMPORTANT UPDATE ON MASKING***
EFFECTIVE MONDAY September 26, 2022
As you may have seen in the news, The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Administration for Children and Families is in the process of formally removing the requirement for universal masking in Head Start programs. This will align Head Start program masking requirements more closely with the updated CDC guidance which include wearing a high-quality mask indoors when the COVID-19 Community Level is high.
Beginning Monday, September 26, mask wearing at Stowe Early Learning Center is optional.
Attached you will find the district's COVID-19 protocol for 2022-2023 School Year.
I appreciate your support during our mask requirement. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
Director of Early Childhood Initiatives
Stowe Early Learning Center
117 Post Office Road
Enfield, CT 06082
Based upon updated CT State and CDC Guidelines, this is the districts COVID-19 protocol for 2022-2023 School Year:
● Connecticut Department of Public Health recommends vaccinations and booster shots
● Self-test kits are available for through the nurse
● Students who present with mild respiratory symptoms will be allowed to remain in school at the nurse’s discretion if they are fever free and have not been knowingly exposed to COVID-19
● Students will be allowed to return to school 24 hours after they are fever free without the use of medication
Isolation / Quarantines
● Regardless of vaccination status, individuals who test positive for COVID-19 should isolate at home for at least 5 days from the first full day following the onset of symptoms or positive test, whichever is first. If symptoms develop or persist, individuals isolate for an additional 5 days. A mask should continue to be worn for an additional 5 days once an individual returns to school after being positive for COVID. Negative test NOT required to return.
● If you are a close contact to a person who tests positive, follow the guidelines below:
○ Fully vaccinated with no symptoms do not need to quarantine after an exposure unless they develop symptoms.
§ Fully vaccinated means, 2 weeks after receiving a second dose in the Pfizer or Moderna two-dose vaccine series, or after receiving a single dose of J&J/Johnson vaccine. Boosters are not required to be considered fully vaccinated.
○ Not fully vaccinated: we recommend wearing a mask for 10 days and get tested on day 5. No quarantine needed.
September 23, 2022
Welcome to Fall 2022! With the arrival of a new season, the weather can make dressing for school quite tricky! Layers are always helpful in keeping your little one comfortable during cool mornings and warm afternoons.
Our Eaglets have been busy learning about identifying and labeling feelings! You might notice your child talking more about feelings, attempting to manage emotions in a different way, or pointing out the feelings of others!
A few reminders:
- Open House is on September 29th 5:30-7:00. We hope you join us!
- Health and safety are top priorities and I thank you for doing your part! Nurse Jen and I are overwhelmed with how incredibly diligent all of you have been in regards to monitoring your child for illness and asking questions as they arise!
- Wednesday September 28th is an early release with lunch for professional learning-SEE BELOW FOR RELEASE TIMES
Dismissal by program:
Integrated Pre-K: No PM CLASSES
Head Start Part Day: 11:30
Head Start Full Day and Ext. Day: 12:30
PK STEAM Academy: 12:30
A MESSAGE FROM NURSE JEN! Due to Winter BREAK, documentation of vaccination MUST be in by 12-23-22!
All classrooms at SELC use the Second Step Social Emotional Early Learning Curriculum to support development of skills for learning, empathy, emotion management, friendship skills, and problem solving. Second Step, in addition to a variety of strategies used throughout the day support the development of Executive Function skills. So what are EXECUTIVE FUNCTION skills and why does everyone at SELC keep talking about them?
SAVE THE DATE FOR SELC OPEN HOUSE!!!
Thursday, Sep. 29th, 5:30-7pm
117 Post Office Road
Stowe Early Learning Center invites you to attend our Open House on Thursday September 29, 2022! We encourage you to bring your child so they can show you around their classroom! Masks are NOW OPTIONAL.
SELC LUNCH MENU for week of 9-26
Getting to Know Stowe! (I will keep this posted for a few weeks so you have it at your fingertips!)
Joining a new school community can sometimes feel like learning a new language as you acclimate to the procedures, environment, people, and lingo. See below to begin learning about all things Stowe:
- SELC=Stowe Early Learning Center
- SELC=our mascot (the eaglet featured above)
- FEO=Family Educator Organization
- ECDC=Enfield Child Development Center
- EPS=Enfield Public Schools
- FRC=Family Resource Center
- IPS=Integrated Pre-K
- HS=Head Start
- KITE=Key Initiatives to Early Education
- PKS=PK STEAM Academy
- Eaglets=all children taking part in any program at SELC
- Main Office=860-253-4741
- Head Start Family Support=860-253-4717
Our building is quite unique in that we house 4 PK programs, a Family Resource Center, and KITE.