Manchester Park Updates
MP Families - Week of 5-21-23
Please Share with Former Timberwolves Who Are Graduating
Senior Graduation Walk
- No arrival to MP before 1:45 PM
- We won't be able to accommodate visits to any classrooms
- Grads must have photo ID to enter the building
Due to space and security, we will not be able to allow parents into the building for his event. You may wait outside to greet them as they leave.
Excited to celebrate the success of these Timberwolves!!
Wednesday Student Dismissal
Fit and Fun Day a Success!!
2023-24 School Supply List
No Lunch Visits This Week
Front Office Closed Wednesday PM
Items from Nurse Bev
The quote by Gretchen Rubin, "The days are long but the years are short" could not be more true. Another year is in the books and we all sit here wondering where time went! As we reflect on the year at MP, we have so much to be thankful for. One of the goals of the PTO is to make your family's time in elementary school memorable, filled with parties, dances, and events for everyone. We couldn't meet this goal without all the help of the MP families both monetarily and voluntarily. Everyone has played a role in some way or another. Donating your time in planning an event or volunteering at an event, making a monetary donation, donating staff lounge snacks, teacher gifts, helping the students and teachers in the classroom and so much more.
Thank you for all you do and your help in making the MP community so unique! It takes a village and the MP village is strong! We hope everyone has a wonderful, relaxing, and joyous summer!
Please See End-Of-Year Notes From Nurse Bev
Olathe District Summer Connections
Want your child to stay connected academically this summer? Take advantage of the following resources provided by the Olathe Public Schools:
- Utilize the Summer Connections calendar! The PK-8 grade level calendars include 30 do-at-home activities. Students who complete 24 of the 30 activities may turn the calendar in to their school in August and will receive a prize! Students should use the grade level calendar for the grade they will be entering in fall 2023. To access the calendars, click here: https://www.olatheschools.org/Page/12213
- Check out the Level Up Your Learning website! This website is chock full of enriching activities in the areas of reading, math, science, social studies, fitness, and fine arts. Activities are “leveled.” Information about the levels may be found on the adult information page. To access both student and adult sites, click here: https://www.olatheschools.org/domain/3238
Student Kansas Assessment Scores
Beginning this year, KAP scores (state assessments) will be available through the Kite Parent Portal. The easiest way to access is by downloading the free Olathe Schools app from your
Apple or android app store. Inside the Olathe app, select Kite which will take you directly to the Kite Parent Portal.
Parents are able to view their student’s historical records for KAP. Results will be available for parents to view in the Parent Portal next Thursday (May 18).
Olathe District Summer Opportunities
Student iPads and Accessories
All students will be checking in district iPads at the end of this school year. On Friday, May 19, all student iPads must be at MP.
- iPad case
- Apple charger block
- Apple charger cord
See the picture below of items that need to be returned.
Fifth Grade Parents
Please go to the link below if you are able to help out.
Sign up genius link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0C4FAEAE2FA0F49-5thgrade2
Not Returning to MP Next Year?
Fifth Grade End Of Year Events (Updated)
Visit to PRT: May 4, AM
Fifth Grade Recognition: Thursday, May 18, 6:30 - 7:30 PM
Fifth Grade Field Trip: May 23
Fifth Grade Clap-Out: Wednesday, May 24, 11:45 AM
- Parents will meet their fifth graders outside after the clap-out
More information to come on these events, but wanted you to get them on your calendars.