Activities to Support Learning
Movement is important to keep our brains energized!
Drama & Role Playing
- Student acts as the teacher - Finding mistakes in problems and solutions
- Debates - Students defend their reasoning and find faults in their peers reasoning.
- Gallery Walk - students work on problems posted around the room.
- "Simon Says"
- Measure Objects around the room during geometry unit.
- Calculate walking speeds by walking different paths around the room.
- SMARTboard Ball Toss Review - students throw a soft ball at the SMARTboard to choose a review problem.
- Create songs that describe math rules and procedures.
Which Activities are Your Favorite??
Jensen, E. (2005).Teaching With The Brain In Mind. Alexandria, Va. Association for
Supervision and Curriculum Development.