Sexton Mountain Elementary
Lastly, I want to share some sad news for Sexton Mountain. Margaret Zwetschke has announced her retirement after 17 years of serving the Sexton Mountain families. Margaret's contributions to Sexton Mountain are too numerous to count. April 2nd will be her last day. If you wish to drop off a card or letter we will have a box to collect them. We will miss Margaret terribly but wish her the best in her retirement.
NEW HOURS beginning April 5th for K-2, April 12th for 3-5
Update on State Testing- (Only students in Grades 3-5 take state tests.)
There was a story in the media this week which was inaccurate. The current correct information about state testing is as follows:
- The Department of Education said it will not approve a blanket, nationwide waiver.
- The State of Oregon has applied for a statewide waiver. The state has not received a decision on that waiver application.
- The district will create a plan IF the state waiver is not approved.
- The Department of Education has given a lot of flexibility, including shortening tests and allowing states to extend the testing window into the fall.
- Parents have the option to opt their students out of standardized tests.
Lightspeed Parent Portal- Technology Safety Controls for your child
March 22-26-Spring Break-No school
March 23, 24, 25- Old Spaghetti Factory Fundraiser
April 5th- Hybrid begins for K-2
April 12th-Hybrid begins for 3-5