AMMS Lions Roar
"Recognize the Roar"
Monday, May 17, 2021
Mr. Trey Martin, Principal
Dr. Mimi Gamel, 7th Grade Assistant Principal
Ms. Laurie Chans, 6th Grade Assistant Principal
Technology Information - Read Carefully!
AMMS 2020-2021 Yearbook Distribution and Purchasing Information
Please read the following information carefully regarding the distribution of the 2020-2021 Autrey Mill yearbook.
- In-person students who have already purchased a yearbook will receive their books through homeroom on Tuesday, May 18 (8th grade) and Wednesday, May 19 (6th and 7th grade).
- Virtual students who have already purchased a yearbook can pick up their book from the front office on or after May 19th.
If you still wish to purchase a yearbook, they will be sold first-come, first-served until we run out.
You may check to see if you have ordered a book for your student by clicking HERE. Use the grade level tabs across the bottom to navigate to the correct grade level. You can use CTRL+F to search for a name.
- In-person students who wish to purchase should see Mrs. Wesker in room A653 PRIOR to the 8:55AM bell with $50 cash (appreciate exact change) or a check made out to Josten’s.
- Virtual students who wish to purchase a yearbook must have their PARENT/GUARDIAN email Mrs. Wesker (firstname.lastname@example.org). A book will be set aside for 24 hours. Payment must be dropped off at the school, attention Mrs. Wesker, within the 24 hour hold period $50 cash or check made out to Josten’s and LABELED WITH THE STUDENT’S NAME.
Please direct all yearbook-related questions to Mrs. Wesker, email@example.com.
Audio Video Technology and Film Program at AMMS
The Student Television Network (STN) is a non-profit international organization that supports, promotes, and recognizes excellence in scholastic broadcast journalism, creative video, filmmaking and media convergence. As an affiliate member, the Audio Video Technology & Film (AVTF) program at AMMS has submitted 9 entries into STN’s various competitions throughout the 2020-2021 school year.
The results of these competitions has included an Honorable Mention for Middle School PSA Challenge for students Bornini C., Ian J., Shawn P., and Daniella R. as well as a 3rd Place Middle School PSA for student Liza M. during Fall Nationals.
Most recently, AVTF at AMMS submitted to Spring Nationals. We would like to wish a special congratulations to 8th grade students Claire B., Ankhang L., and Regin H. for receiving an Honorable Mention for their News/Feature submission!
These are very high honors as students are being judged against middle programs from across the country. Mr. Everett would like to thank all AVTF students at AMMS for their hard work and dedication throughout this school year.
Audio Video Tech. & Film
Summer Curbside Meal Distribution
Moving Over the Summer?
Please contact Unnur Kornmayer with any questions, 470-254-8244 or Kornmayer@fultonschools.org.
Mask Mandate Update
Superintendent Mike Looney shared that Fulton County Schools will be taking a measured, cautious approach to relaxing COVID-19 protocols, which includes updating COVID-19 restrictions and mask mandates in phases. There are several factors spurring these changes, including Governor Brian Kemp’s lifting of restrictions on group sizes and ending a ban on large gatherings. Also, vaccines are now readily available to those 16 years of age and older. In this new phase, employees and students who may have been exposed to COVID-19 but have been fully vaccinated will not have to quarantine providing they are symptom free.
Beginning Monday, May 3, 2021:
- For outdoor activities only, masks will be recommended but not required for students in grades 9-12 and employees in high schools. All other safety protocols will remain in effect for this group of individuals.
- At school sponsored outdoor events and activities, masks will be recommended but not required for visitors/spectators.
- Capacity limitations are lifted on all outside school venues (stadiums, fields, etc.).
- Coaches may attend banquets.
Beginning Monday, May 17, 2021:
- While engaged in outdoor activities, masks will be recommended but not required for students in grades PK-8 and employees. All other safety protocols will remain in effect for this group of individuals.
- School Leaders, in consultation with their respective community support organizations, may schedule and host outdoor end of year celebrations to honor the achievements of students without restrictions on group sizes.
All other existing COVID-19 risk mitigation strategies will remain in force for the balance of the 2020-21 school year. This includes requiring all staff, students, and visitors to wear a mask while inside an FCS facility, and adhere to recommended social distancing, surface sanitizing, and handwashing. More information on the new mask mandate can be found here.
Please remember that everyone entering the building MUST wear a mask. This includes students, staff, parents, vendors etc.
Students please keep a spare mask in your backpacks to use if yours gets soiled or breaks.
Thanks for keeping us all safe!
Important Clinic Information
Any medication left in the clinic at the end of that day, including year round medications, over the counter and prescription medications, will be discarded.
Remember that a new Medication Authorization form and/or Health Care Plan for your child will have to be competed by you and your physician for the 2021-2022 school year.
Contact Priscilla Pappo, School Nurse at firstname.lastname@example.org or (470)-254-8258 with questions.
6th Grade Laurie Chans, email@example.com
7th Grade Dr. Mimi Gamel, firstname.lastname@example.org
8th Grade Anita Erickson, email@example.com
Virtual Summer School Opportunities
Student COVID-19 Report Portal Updates
The Summit Counseling Center 2021 Summer Groups
Johns Creek Jr. Gladiator Volleyball
Attention all middle school girls grades 6th, 7th & 8th. Coach E’Lisa Ladson (Coach E) is Johns Creek’s new Head Volleyball Coach. Attached is an Interest Form. This will allow Coach Ladson to get you information about potential summer activities and when the official tryouts for one of our Jr. Gladiators teams would be.
Follow us on Instagram
For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2021 Freshman JCHS Orientation Camp - Save the Date!
JCHS Cross Country Team Summer Training
Attention JCHS Cross Country Runners:
Now is the time to sign up for JCHS 2021 cross country summer training. Be ready to race this fall by preparing over summer break. Summer training is a great way to bond with your team and have fun!
Step one: Register on Dragonfly
All JCHS athletes must be registered in Dragonflymax https://max.dragonflyathletics.com/ with all forms and a current physical (within the last year) uploaded and ready to go before they can participate. Here is a link to the physical form for a doctor to complete: https://www.fultonschools.org/site/handlers/filedownload.ashx?moduleinstanceid=1030&dataid=51585&FileName=Preparticipation%20Physical%20History%20and%20Evaluation%202020-21.pdf
Step Two: Register and Pay
To register for summer running, please fill out the following google form for each student: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeIF2zTg2hDjIO3rMwxAiDt1QLevWyKSCF-pLORtgvUBH3JTQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
The cost for the summer running program is $100. Please send to the following PayPal account: email@example.com
Step Three: Let’s Train!
First day of summer running is Monday, June 7th. Summer running will take place throughout the summer with the exception of GHSA “Dead week” June 26th-July 4th.
Mondays: 5:30 p.m. JCHS track
Tuesdays: 7:00 a.m. (may push it back to 7:15 a.m. since it is further away) Chattahoochee Pointe Park
Wednesday: 7:00 a.m. JCHS track
Thursday: 7:00 a.m. Big Creek Greenway
Questions, contact Sonya Jennings at firstname.lastname@example.org
JCHS Drama Camp
JCHS drama is once again hosting a drama camp at JCHS on June 2nd-4th for all rising 4th-9th graders! Come and be a part of workshops being conducted by members of the JCHS chapter of the International Thespians Society (and many are former AMMS Lions!)
Covid protocol will be met with masks worn, temperature checks and social distancing. It's a great opportunity to be on stage at the high school and make new friends!